• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

24/3/7 Seano's ROTREX SS Prefacelift - Stolen again!!

No details yet really, awaiting forensic examination. Don't know the condition of the car.

Seano

At 10.20 PM Saturday night - house front door forced with sledgehammer - keys removed and three thugs departed with my car.

Both myself and sister were in, but unhurt (shocked, angry and upset - especially Maggie) As I was in the shower at the time she was further subjected to the gruesome sight of me running through the frontdoor naked.

Satin silver pre-facelift, with JDM Union Jack, Toyo T1R's, standard wheels finished in anthracite.

Very loud car with Spoon N1 and very distinctive induction and whistle from the supercharger.

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank christ they never got nasty on the occupants.

Sorry about the car fella, lets hope for a quick recovery and hopefully a conviction too.

B'stards!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This seems to be a worrying trend:evil:

Hope you get your car back. Lecurie found his within a few days.

Where did this happen?

Damn feckers! :evil:

Glad to hear that everyone was alright but ****es me off how brazen they are becoming and seems to be happening all too often which is a worry.

Hope they get caught and your car gets found soon.

Fletch

Any news/developments Seano?

Police have any leads?

Is your sister feeling any better?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

No news I'm afraid, I've spent a three hours trawling round the place and have given up. I suspect the next time we see anything of that car is when it is used for something illicit.

Obviously I'm highly p*ssed off and am unsure of what I am going to do.

I feel very guilty that Maggie got involved in a very frightening and dangerous situation that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't had the car. I'm not sure whether it would be fair and reasonable of me to ask her take such a risk in the future. Thank God her grandchildren weren't staying over is about the only good thing I can say.

You can put all the trackers on in the world, but I am not sure I can cope with people who are prepared to go to such extremes to get in to our home to steal the keys. If they've come with sledgehammers, what other implements are they carrying?

I am very glad that they were able to find the keys so easily - this had always been my plan. You couldn't have fished for them through the letterbox or broken a window to reach for them - but if you got into the house, they were immediately apparent and they took off straight away. They didn't even touch Maggie's handbag that was next to them.

For those that take their keys to their bedrooms, you might want to remember this sorry tale. It's all well and good saying how you would zap them with this that and the other. The reality is when there are three of them dressed in black with heads and faces covered, wielding sledge hammers in your home, suddenly things look very different.

Thanks for the expressions of commiseration, they are appreciated. Special thanks to Rich (Mosizlak) for attempting to hunt down Baby.

When I know anything new, I will let you know.

Seano

I appreciate all of your comments Seano but feeling guilty for owning the car is wrong - you have every right to make a choice of which car to own.

I can understand why you say it but in time to come I feel you may think differently.

As for the keys etc - I keep mine out of sight to be honest, maybe a re-think is in order.

Best of luck fella.

That is terrible news seano, I do hope your car gets found soon :(

As said above and in previous stolen car threads - This trend seems to be getting more popular by the day.

Its a shame that you cant own a nice motor without fear of three goons with sledgehammers storming your house to get the keys.

On a more positive note at least no one was harmed.

Hope the outcome is positive :smt023

Stu

Ah ***** Sean, that's awful!

I'm relieved to hear you're both okay, and trust your nakedness hasn't scarred anyone permenatly! :D

Seriously though... Sorry to hear about this, it's all to common these days, and those feckers in the constabulary will be only too willing to give you a crime reference number for your insurance purposes. I hope I'm proved wrong however, and it's tracked down and brought back to you as you left it.

Don't let this put you off owning a beast of a Civic altogether though.

Absolutely gutted mate - don't know what to say. :( I just hope everything resolves itself for the better and soon. Good luck mate.

Cheers,
Andy

Really awful news and so sorry to hear this..having your car stolen is bad enough without having men break into your home while your in..

Sorry to hear this mate.
Glad you weren't hurt or anything. I think you did the right thing regarding the keys. as you said if they are willing to get into your place with a sledge hammer, you can imagine that they would not have left empty handed.

Hopefully they'll retrieve it soon.

:eek: Shocking news, really gutted for you mate.:( Glad to hear you and your sis are o.k though.:cool:

Hope the bas***ds get what they deserve.:mad:

First post updated by Seano, the car has being found in the Greater Manchester area, awaiting forensics in a secure police compound. Fingers crossed it's all ok!

I'm rather afraid it was which explains why the police won't let me see it.

I feel very sorry for the pedestrian that has been hurt, but at the end of the day it been crap driving by thieving armed robber scum that have caused this problem rather than the car. I know that the car was well set up by TDi, a fact that a few forum members will testify to.

Thank God we didn't attempt to put up any resistance.

Seano

Driving over someones foot isn't going to do too much damage, so hopefully it'll all be ok chap!

As soon as I read the second para about the sledgehammer it set bells ringing....

Bloody hell, not good all round man, but i suppose it's a good thing they've found the car, not so good with what it was used for:evil:

Back