• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Change front brake pads on a CTR.

Is there anyway we can get the photos re-up'ed for this thread. Im just learning how to do these things and without the pics its difficult to understand.

When they are worn out LOL. Sorry couldn't resist. If you look at the pads in the callipers you can see the material left (look through the wheel and if you look at the metal "fingers" on the caliber you can see the pad. Discs generally change every other set of pads (as thats about how quickly most wear out).

Thanks I just don't know much when they are due but I will look through after a while to ser if there ok

Nice guide. Need to do this at the weekend. Pads are goosed and squeal like a mutherfcuker. Is it advised to change the discs also if this has happened? Thanks, Scott

Feel the discs, if they're groovy (baby) then you likely need to change them. Also have a look at the 'lip', if you've lost significant thickness (say 3mm or more each side) then that's also a good reason to change discs. If they're nice and smooth and only have a small lip, they're good to go again.

Easier than I thought although, do remember to take the handbrake off to avoid looking like an utter bell end trying to knock the Cali person off with a rubber mallet.....not that I did that and realised after about ten minutes of swearing that I was a div and had left it on.

Back