• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Change front brake pads on a CTR.

Light is usually because the abs sensor has been disturbed but may be because the fluid is low.

Bleeding. How far did you open the nipple? Sometimes more than 1/2 a turn is needed. I asume you have the clear pipe attached to the nipple going into a milk bottle 1/4 full of fluid and have removed the fluid filler cap? With bleeding you need to apply slight pressure on pedal, open nipple and allow pedal to travel to floor and the fluid will travel down the pipe into the bottle showing air bubbles, with pedal still on floor tighten nipple and raise pedal back to rest position which will suck fluid from the reservoir. repeat until no more air and keep an eye on the level of fluid in the reservoir.

Yes yes and yes. I took the nipple all the way out and it was dry. Gonna give it another go today. Didn't know about tightening it before releasing the peddle. I'll keep you posted.
Cheers

Tightening before releasing the pedal is the only way is it going to suck fluid in from the reservoir. Otherwise it will just suck air back in from the bleed nipple.

It's a fecker of a job if you are doing it yourself. Much easier with two, you at the nipple shouting instructions to someone in the car operating the pedal.

Thank you very much! this made it so easy for me to save some money and do them myself! Top Bloke!
Stu

I use a screwdriver for the rears and pipe/molegrips/hands for the front. They don't take a lot to push back in.

Had a quick look at this guide before I changed my pads yesterday (shame the images aren't there anymore)
- but didn't remove/clean the pad retainers or apply a load of grease... Anyway, they seem OK, but even after caliper re-wind the right hand wheel was hard to turn by hand :S, will check again after a few miles driving; they will also be bled on Friday

Chaps, I've binned the photobucket account that these photos were linked to so all you get is dead links now. Any chance you've got a cached version with the pictures still on, or does it not work like that?

Back