• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2001 dc5 or 2005 ep3 premier?

NickCTR

Moron
Ok i`m on the lookout for a new car. I`ve £11k to play with.

I`ve seen (not in person) a 2005 ep3 premier with 12k miles, 77 miles away

Them my mate andy says get a dc5. Had a look on pistonheads and seen (not in person) a 2001 dc5 with 44k, asking £10k. A 3-4 hour drive away though :(

I`ve never driven a dc5, but i think they are the better looking.

Help me, dunno what to do :confused:

The ep3 comes with warranty until September, and obviously it`s alot younger. I don`t wanna spend 10 grand on a car that feels old and shagged

going to look at the premier on thursday. dc5 is an 8 hour round trip just for a test drive :evil:

DC5 is the better drivers car imo.

But the EP3 is a lovely day to day car that has PLENTY of poke when the roads open up for you.

had a look at the premier this afternoon, very nice. Of course I knew what to expect anyway, but it was gleaming. I could smell the polish when I got out of my car

Think i`m gonna buy it :twisted:

£11200 for a 55 Premier wtih 12,000 miles and FHSH

Not bad IMO

Maybe get a teg next time round. Just too dam far away for a look :evil:

Here`s the McPremier anyhoo

650c_1.JPG

714d_1.JPG

85bd_1.JPG

d83c_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I`ve been the proud owner of a 55 Premier since about 4pm :D

I was Cautious Bob buying this car privately, 11 grand is alot of cash to hand over. Done all the checks, i.e. asked for Colin`s (seller) proof of identity and compared it to the V5 name and address

Checked chassis numbers against the V5

Paid using bank transfer (both with Lloyds)

Obviously done a HPI before hand (only a fiver)

Lifted carpet and trim to check for accident damage

Aye, mighty chuffed with the new motor :D :D

Aye i`ll take some decent pics the morra. It`s a beaut

No plans to mod, except swap the oil cap for my Spoon jobbie

Maybe the alloy controls

^^ Na I do love the premier seats but there must still be a good weight in them I need the buddyclubs at some point

I love them, feels so much better to drive about in. I love my car, and it loves me, it hugs me :D

As for weight saving, just have a w4nk

Back