• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2001 dc5 or 2005 ep3 premier?

Meant to say mate, if its the same dc5 we saw, the guy has sold it and had a dc2 as far as im aware.....so I dunno why he hasnt taken it off piston heads :evil:

yes mate, sold it for 6400 this afternoon to a great bloke from glasgow. He works in the same Hamilton Honda garage as the owner of the Pistonheads DC5 for £9995 I saw you noticed (honda tech)

No messing around. He drove it from just passed Inverness to my house (20 miles) gave me the cash and drove off. No haggling etc (i had it up for 6500 but we agreed 6400 over the phone)

Never sold a car that fast before. I knew it wouldn`t take long though

Pics as promised (after spending a few hours de-tarring, cleaning engine and wash`n`wax): http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=442503#post442503

It feels like a brand new car. Hot knife to butter gear changes

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had a DC5 and not a EP3, but not to the point where i'd change it to a expense.

If I wanted to swap my 55 CTR with 21k for the same year and mileage DC5, I would have to spend around 4k. Not worth it :evil:

If I wanted to swap my 55 CTR with 21k for the same year and mileage DC5, I would have to spend around 4k. Not worth it :evil:
Is having a 55 reg car important to you? You can pick up low mileage 51/02 plate DC5's (like mine) for peanuts.

Find me a mint 2002 DC5 with 21k on it for say £9000 and I would be interested in a swap

I`ve never driven one and the car I am interested in is a good 4 hour drive away.

/request persuasion

Here it is

DSCF1659.jpg

DSCF1658.jpg

DSCF1664.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably best that way. I went down to dickson's to look at one before I bought my one and they weren't great to deal with. I couldn't test drive the car the day I went down, which was fine but I said I would be quite happy to go back down the following weekend and could I have a go then. The guy then asked why I needed a test drive? To which I asked him would he buy a car for himself without driving it first.

He must have thought I was a tyre kicker despite the fact that I drove 3 hours to get there and had money in my pocket for a deposit. Said they would phone me back when the car would be properly ready to view as it was just fresh in and when they had a price for my car but they never did.

Saying that all there cars seemed to be in good condition.

I wasn't impressed with them at all. Kind of off topic I know.

No no, cheers for the tip. As you know, Dicksons are the nearest JDM importer to us. I`ve never looked twice at them though, they always charge well over the odds.

Back