• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2001 dc5 or 2005 ep3 premier?

Front fogs?? Are they an add on?
Yep, I say get rid and get the brake ducts back on... :rolleyes:

Make sure you check what TAX band the car falls into, some are registered in Band G, which means £400 a year and even more in March! Some are registered in band F which is only £210 and some are registered as PLG which means, you only pay £180! Makes a big difference, so definately worth checking! ;)

Silver is a pretty unpopular colour for the 5, not to say there don't look great, it's just they do not command such a high price.

Are you registered over on itr-dc5?

Last edited by a moderator:
DC5's are well worth the drive to go and see in my opinion.

When my mate bought one we drove all the way from Northampton to Bristol, looked at a couple there at import centres, then drove to newbury and he bought the one in Newbury as it was the best of the lot and also had a nice Fujitsubo catback on it too.

DC5 pro's and con's:

Exclusivity, more power, almost as much room as the EP3 and a shed load faster! Servicing isnt any different either but you will get a few less miles out of a tank if its on cam a lot. older also doesn't mean its shagged, often its something that people will look after far better than a civic as they are true enthusiasts cars. Insurance is a bit more than an EP3

EP3: Lots about so you'd have plenty of choice, slightly better fuel consumption, its newer, err....

I was hard pushed when changing my car the last time around as I absolutely loved my EP3 when I had it but at that point there weren't many around. I did seriously consider getting another one but after driving a DC5 there was no comparisson with the 2, DC5 all the way in my opinion.

Saying that I bought an S2000 as I fancied some RWD action :twisted:

If I decide to go back to something more practical at any point I'll definitely be looking at the DC5 (unless something newer is out by then!)

Nick bought another EP3 yonks ago.

Oh and I personally think there is far more room in a DC5 than an EP3. The only compromise is rear head space.

Doh missed the boat on this one lol! Still trying to catch up on everything :lol:

Fuel consumption is surprising to hear, I would get about 280-300 miles out of a tank on my EP3 even when it was tuned whereas my mates std DC5 (bar catback) only ever saw 220 to 240 miles from a tank...

Ah well the decision has been made, just looked and his premier is tidy!

Doh missed the boat on this one lol! Still trying to catch up on everything :lol:

Fuel consumption is surprising to hear, I would get about 280-300 miles out of a tank on my EP3 even when it was tuned whereas my mates std DC5 (bar catback) only ever saw 220 to 240 miles from a tank...

Ah well the decision has been made, just looked and his premier is tidy!

I only ever get figures that low if I rag the DC5 everywhere. I have been known to do this i the past.

Back