• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Age & Insurance

A Plan, 25yo, 5 years no claims, 8 points (only 3 within last 3 years), Good area, Standard ITR DC5, CAT1 alarm, fully comp (protected no claims) - £975

I'm hoping for more around the £700 mark when I come to renew. :rolleyes:

Nice mate, though Noel Dazely told me they no longer insure DC5's last time I rang round... :confused:
Noel Dazely are a broker, so technically they don't insure anyone. My current insurer (Highway) who I'm with through Noel Dazely obviously wanted to keep me on board. :D

Esure and Swiftcover are the cheapest quotes for me, 297 and 265 respectively. That`s standard though, modify the car and it`s around 600, with a different company

Hence my car is as it left the factory-ish

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines totally standard.

£378 with MoreThan - maximum no claims;), no points etc. 36 yr old.

Missus is on the insurance too, she has 5 yr no claims bonus protected, but had a total loss claim last year when some moron drove in front of her, she swerved and braked to avoid hitting them and hit a lamp-post instead, then they fcuking raced off.:mad: So we ended up paying the excess and the car was written off.:(

That has legal cover etc and lifetime no claims protection. Excess is £300.

Not bad considering the recent total loss. I was with MoreThan when someone wrote my car off, they did a good job with regards to supplying cover car, not to mention giving me a payout only £95 short of what I paid for the car some 15 months earlier

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad considering the recent total loss. I was with MoreThan when someone wrote my car off, they did a good job with regards to supplying cover car, not to mentioning giving me a payout only £95 short of what I paid for the car some 15 months earlier

Always a bonus;)

We got £1650 settlement for a T-reg Micra [it was mint throughout though, and I mean like showroom mint!]

It only booked at around £900, so we got more than we'd have got private sale. Though we didnt intend buying another car straight after Christmas.:(

I was with more than last december, 3 months into the policy and went to put the GF on the insurance, She's 32 4yrs NCB never had any bumps or convictions and they refused to insure her on the CTR:eek::eek::eek:, So I walked away and insured with RAC, I got better cover for the same price with both of us on the insurance

Yes, but in an accident with a big old Merc, chances are the other party is going to be obliterated, leaving nobody left to claim :lol:

Back