• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda OEM or Quaife?

I'm in the market for a LSD for Millie. Now Bazza has a good price on a Honda OEM or I have a similar priced option for a Quaife. My question is this.

"Which is the better?" - I know cock all about LSD's except what they do, IE accomplish. I roughly know how they achieve this but which would be better. I mainly do back roads and track days - I fall asleep on motorways, I'm getting on a bit.

Any help would be appreciated. Ta.
Marc.

I`ve heard of another, other than those two. Has an extra feature and is apparently much better

That`s all I know i`m afraid :confused:

sorry dude, was a recent topic on here though. It was just a quick glimpse

Someone more knowledgable than me will mention it i`m sure

With both those I think there basically plug and play, so once there in you can forget about them and dont have to get them serviced. dont think there 'as good' as some of the top name ones but there twice as much. Dont think you can go wrong with either of those two and are gonna be an improvement over standard. Just go for the one you can get cheaper, but personally I would go with the Quaife item ;)

With both those I think there basically plug and play, so once there in you can forget about them and dont have to get them serviced. dont think there 'as good' as some of the top name ones but there twice as much. Dont think you can go wrong with either of those two and are gonna be an improvement over standard. Just go for the one you can get cheaper, but personally I would go with the Quaife item ;)

Eyup, Chris, hows the new engine.

It'll probably be a Kaaz diff that you're thinking of Nicky, very similair to the spoon and is a 1.5way plate/clutch diff. Bit of a pain in a road car, great when "on it" and for track use, but does need to be looked after more than the OEM and quaife.

Mark, as you track it i'd go for a quaife over the OEM type, it's just that little bit more aggressive and suits track work more than the OEM type IMO. It's also far stronger:)

Go for the Spoon, mine has completely settled down now on the road and they need servicing a lot less than you are led to believe.

I know a couple of people with the Quaife who are now upgrading to the Spoon.

Does the spoon not only need serviced every 20k or was it 40k miles, thats alot of miles as the diff isn't being used constantly id go for the spoon :cool:

The oem is meant to jerk the steering wheel out your hand at times where as the quaiffe doesn't. Id take any second hand to be honest but if I have to get a brand new one spoon it is :twisted:

Does the spoon not only need serviced every 20k or was it 40k miles, thats alot of miles as the diff isn't being used constantly id go for the spoon :cool:

The oem is meant to jerk the steering wheel out your hand at times where as the quaiffe doesn't. Id take any second hand to be honest but if I have to get a brand new one spoon it is :twisted:

Ive been told around 40k of use before the service so that doesnt mean 40k miles of driving (if that makes sense :confused: ).

The Spoon did initially jerk the steering wheel but that calms down after a few thousand miles and you get used to driving in a certain way with it.

Yup thats what I meant, its not constantly working so 4Ok in the car is not 40k on the spoon.

Saying that with a woman behind the wheel I expect the diff has to work alot harder than normal :p

Yup thats what I meant, its not constantly working so 4Ok in the car is not 40k on the spoon.

Saying that with a woman behind the wheel I expect the diff has to work alot harder than normal :p

Damn right it does :lol: :twisted:

IIRC the oem difff is only good to a certain power (250 ish) so if you plan any more power then i'd go for the maintenance free option

Back