• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NO TRO at home. Pleeeeeaaaassssseeee help

As the title suggests guys. The reason i ask is that i could access this place from work all day without problem but when i tried last night at home all i could get was some domainhosting.com or some shiz like that.

I cleared all cookies, cache, history etc in case i had a problem but nothing resolved the issue. Come into work today and hey presto i can get back in again.

Do i have a problem at home???

Last edited by a moderator:
Just clear the bookmark and come on the forum via google. I had to do that from work.

EDIT

Just seen your reply above this.

At home, go to command prompt and try the following:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Should sort it. If not send me an email when you're home next and I'll go through it with you.

Just clear the bookmark and come on the forum via google. I had to do that from work.

EDIT

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Should sort it. If not send me an email when you're home next and I'll go through it with you.

Cheers Chris, remind me of you e-mail/msn again so if the above doesn't work i can chat to you about it.

Where do i find command prompt? :oops: :oops: i'm no good that this IT shizzle

Start, run, type "cmd" and hit enter (not literally hit, a simple key stroke will do).

I've PM'd you my details as otherwise all the forum ladeez will be adding me.

EDIT

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

Right guys, i've done the above and still no TRO at home for me :( :( . Help....please.

Last edited by a moderator:
No TRO @ home since the downtime.

Chris and all other mods - I would never normally make duplicate posts/threads but i seriously need some help to rectify the problem and need some IT experts help.

As the title suggests guys. I can access the forum from work without problems but when i'm at home all i can get is domainparking.com or some shiz like that.

I've cleared all cookies, cache, history etc in case i that was the problem but nothing resolved the issue.

I've done what Chris suggested :- ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig / renew

But no joy PLEASE HELP

Mods - if you need to, can you emalgamante the 2 threads rather than delete wither of them but in here as i think it'll receive more interest from being here.

Cheers
Kev

Have you tried a different browser?

Sorry mate, I think this is a DNS issue and someone like Al or Rossy would have a better idea then me.

Have you tried a different browser?

Sorry mate, I think this is a DNS issue and someone like Al or Rossy would have a better idea then me.

By browser do you mean firefox rather than IE? it works on other people comutors as i trid round a mates the other night so i defo think it's soemthing up with my end of things.

Is Al around at the mo or is he still on holiday?

Ideally i need to speak to him of an evening on MSN when i'm at home so he can talk me through sorting it out.

Definately a dns issue as the domain parking stuff is what you get on the old ip address.
if you open a command prompt (start menu->run->cmd <press enter>) then type nslookup type-r-owners.co.uk into it and paste me the results that will confirm it.

Definately a dns issue as the domain parking stuff is what you get on the old ip address.
if you open a command prompt (start menu->run->cmd <press enter>) then type nslookup type-r-owners.co.uk into it and paste me the results that will confirm it.

Cheers Al - i'll do this tonight when i get home and post up on MSN if your on of will have to post on here tomorrow.

I seem to remeber you helped me out quite a while ago with something similar to this and the way we (well you) resolved it was to force the ip address to be recognised (or something like this anyway..............but then again i could be talking shizzle :oops: :oops:)

Cheers Al - i'll do this tonight when i get home and post up on MSN if your on of will have to post on here tomorrow.

I seem to remeber you helped me out quite a while ago with something similar to this and the way we (well you) resolved it was to force the ip address to be recognised (or something like this anyway..............but then again i could be talking shizzle :oops: :oops:)

ahhh...that rings a bell!
In that case I suspect I got you to edit the hosts file.
So if you open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and remove the type-r-owners.co.uk line you should be fine :)

Back