• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NO TRO at home. Pleeeeeaaaassssseeee help

I reckon Al got you to edit your hosts file. Perhaps that's what you did last time and it's forcing it to point at the old site hence why it's not working. Remove the TRO line if there is one.

It's in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

ahhh...that rings a bell!
In that case I suspect I got you to edit the hosts file.
So if you open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and remove the type-r-owners.co.uk line you should be fine :)

I reckon Al got you to edit your hosts file. Perhaps that's what you did last time and it's forcing it to point at the old site hence why it's not working. Remove the TRO line if there is one.

It's in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

The 'C' you speak of is the C drive under 'my computer'?

Yes. If you copy and past everything I put into a run box (start>>>run) and hit OK it'll open the folder up for you.

I'll have to type it in as i'll not be able to copy and paste because i can't access the forum to copy ;) :lol: :lol:

Sorry :oops: i couldn;'t resist but i better be nice as i have NO idea what i'm doing so will need you help.

Oh right, forgot about that :lol:

Just email it to yourself from work :lol:

The monkey is back on TRO from home :D :D :D

I'd just like to say a HUGE thanks to Al for all his help and patience when explaining things in 'simple' terms for a 'simple' IT user.

:smt023

Back