• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

O2 Sensor cheat for decat pipe

How easy is it? anybody got a how to or would be able to point me in the right direction?

Cheers peeps

Don

Cmon, there has gotta someone who knows the wasy around this?

Am I right in saying it involves earthing the sensor? That is what I have done on my previous 3 volvo T5's and also my 2 scoobs

cheers

Cmon, there has gotta someone who knows the wasy around this?

Am I right in saying it involves earthing the sensor? That is what I have done on my previous 3 volvo T5's and also my 2 scoobs

cheers

What is it you want to know exactly?

When you remove the cat on the EP3 the CEL light will be illuminated on the dash because the electronics think that your cat is broken - it's not obviously - its just the fact that it's been removed!

To eliminate this light you would fit an o2 simulator that fools the electronics into thinking that the cat is present and working.

ah right! Cool thank you.................now for my next questions? Where and how much? Are they easy to fit and will it have a neg. effect on my performance?

Cheers in advance

Don

Unless your car is modded in excess of 250bhp then you won't notice the Difference. ( I certainly have not ) . It's only with boosted cars you get more performance out by doing this.

Hope this helps.

try pumaspeed, they sell them for the puma 1.7, there are only 2 types of lambda sensors on the market so it should fit on just the same, on there website it is called the MIL cheator

i have put de-cat on my civic the other day without the 02 simulator fitted and the light never came on

Well I've just taken my decat & Emulator off for the MOT and now going for a manifold.

Think I can notice a bit of a difference in torque but it might be just the lack of noise

Fit spark plug anti foulers to the O2 sensor, it simply moves the sensor away from the main flow of gas and CEL is then eliminated.

This method is used on the S2000 forum widely.
I was supposed to pick a few sets up at the weekend but didn't get round to it.

I know this is an old thread,but can anyone shed any light on this? does the spark plug antifouler method work?

Back