• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Vurrrr nice Soprano.

I particularly like the DOF of the images.

Back end looks cool.

I drove one of the new A-Classes, and I have to say that the stuck on ipad/screen thing looks completely out of place :(

Nice home, what period?
i like the iPad screen personally. It's better than trying to integrate it into the dash and making that huge. It does annoy me that it is fixed straight on and not facing the driver however. First world problems.

1930's semi. Leafy suburb. Safest place in the country to live apparently. #PerfectLife

Not bad for someone who wipes arses for a living.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad for someone who wipes arses for a living.

Thought you were teaching people how do to that now? :lol:

Do you mean the walls that disintegrate when you try to drill into them? They were a nightmare at my mate's place (similar vintage)...he has a *lot* of shelves. :mad:

Thought you were teaching people how do to that now? :lol:

Do you mean the walls that disintegrate when you try to drill into them? They were a nightmare at my mate's place (similar vintage)...he has a *lot* of shelves. :mad:

yeah :lol:

well ill actually only the first 2cm deep disintegrates but radiates out at least 6cm in all directions. After that the walls are made of granite meaning you can't drill any deeper.

Nice ride tone. I told you basing your living around pharmaceutical distribution would pay dividends.

So it's been 3 and a half months and the panzer is settling nicely into the family.

updates so far.

Mods: Kingston 128gb SD card. Has got my whole iTunes collection on. Also good for 5bhp.

Things I now can't live without: rear parking camera, keyless entry (including kick under the rear bumper when your hands are full to open the boot), command online, voice control, Bluetooth in car hands free phone.

Haven't washed it once. The Jam Rolls areuch better at that than I am.

First major complication with the car a few weeks ago. One of the exterior door handle LEDs died. These only come on when it's dark (obviously), so I only noticed it on the off chance after a late evening drive.

I was devastated. Phoned Mercedes up the next day and got it booked in for a replacement. Took the car in and they gave the whole underside a courtesy look over, recorded a video of said inspection it and sent it to me in an email whilst I was doing pretentious middle class shopping and drinking coffee in chic little toss pot cafes. It's the little things in life you know...

Anyway. All fixed and back to its former glory.

Obligatory night shot with high f number

IMG_1727_zpsxam8rvwh.jpg

That is all.

Ooh, I tell a lie actually. Another major problem developed recently. The Comand online display started to develop an annoying creak literally seconds after I drove out of the Merc garage. connected to the dash via plastic on plastic, so it was going to inevitably happen. Rather than take it back and let some 'skilled technician' arse around with it and make it worse in the process I bought a squash ball for £1.40 cut it in half and carefully wedged it in the small gap between the back of the display and the dash. Creak disappeared instantly. Opulence restored. You wouldn't even know it's there either.

Better mod than a set of spoon socks IMO.

Middle class shopping, checking emails in a coffee shop, command online, squash balls.

Pretentious indeed, chap.

Back