• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Bleeding the clutch line

Ok first you are gonna need to make sure the clutch fluid reservior is full. It is located in the top right hand section of this picture. Just to the left of the red portion of the bong there are two reserviors...the one we are working with is the smaller one of the two. During the entire proccess of bleeding the clutch IT MUST STAY FULL! Don't forget or you have to start over.
298130459.jpg

In this next picture you will see the slave cylinder. Directly on the left side of it there is a small nipple with I believe to be an 8mm nut screwed into the slave cylinder. This is the bleeder valve.
297602196.jpg

What we are going to do here is open the bleeder valve and let gravity pull the clutch fluid down through line and all your air pockets will seep out that nipple. Make sure the fluid reservior stays full the whole time. Once you feel confident you have gotten all or most of the air pockets out then close the bleeder valve. (A minute or so with this valve open and most of the air pockets should have seeped out.)

Now this part is where you are going to need a buddy to lend a hand. You go and push on the clutch pedal 10 times or so and then hold it down. While you are holding down the clutch pedal have your buddy open the bleeder valve for about one second and then close it back. Do this several times untill only fluid and no air is coming out of the nipple. Don't forget you have to keep the fluid reservior full...I can't stress that enough. Now just cap off the fluid reservior and you should be done. At this point your clutch pedal should be firm and not spongy at all. If it is spongy then you still have air pockets.

This is of course the old school method. You can go buy a speed bleeder if you're baller.

Yep, I know this is 9 years later but I was referring to this guide and I can't fathom out where that location is, it looks nothing like the view I have of the clutch bleed nipple. This pic is just behind the radiator fan, right?

Back