• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The red H badge ruined by the new Civic!

TypeGRRR

Administrator
Administrator
What bright spark at Honda decided to colour all the FK/FN models with a red rear badge! This isn't a dig at the FN2, the only model in the range to wear it back and front.

But now they've decided to put red badges on the entire range... the 82bhp 1.4 and 2.2 diesel included :evil:

I work in design and for this to happen to a well established emblem is a crime in my book!

Yes in theory it is a silver badge placed on a red light cluster, but it still gives it the effect of a red badge, why didn't they colour it under the badge (grey or black), as it appears they have done at the front...:confused:

Here's what I'm ranting about...

badge_murder2.jpg

badge_murder1.jpg

And how it should of been...

badge_murder3.jpg

Is it a red badge? Or is it just metal with the reflector strip showing through? If you know what I mean.

I totally agree with you, i know its not a red badge its just the reflector underneath but it LOOKS like a red badge.
The same way a fake football shirt LOOKS like a real one.

Doesn't look like a red badge to me,

Also there no is no red on the front badge.

Wouldn't these been the same issue on Milano Red EP2, Type S etc???

It's something I've noticed too, thought it was a bit of a strange thing to do, considering what the red badge means to a lot of people. As said already i'm sure it was just sticking a badge on what is basically a massive light cluster and not intentionally mimicking the red H badge.

stop poking holes in a perfectly good rant :p :D
Yeah come on Paul, let me have a rant in peace! :lol:

To be honest I suspected someone would mention badges on red paintwork, but that to me isn't as obvious. If the badge is on a red FN/FK it isn't as obvious, but any other colour like in my examples, where the red is a particular feature of the car, it appears to be something that it isn't! :rant:

After Honda released the new Civic and started to get to work on the Type R, they must of thought that they'd done a wrong'un! "Err guys, what we gonna do, we can't slap a red badge on a red light cluster, it'll look no different from the rest of the range." ... "I know, lets go back to the 90's and smoke em*" :lol:

*No text talk intended.

very ppor slip up, i was excited to get my type r, and then i realised it looks as though others have the red badge too, although they still have the type r badge on it, but they must try harder

also if im correct, doesnt the type r have a clear cluster with the red badge rather than the red like the normal civics?! why didnt they use clear for every car and just put the red badge on the type r?!

silly japanese :evil:

Smoked back with a red H in it so it stands out rather than blends in with the rest of the light cluster.

honda_civic_type-r-4-L.jpg

Rear valance and boot spoiler is also a give away too so I think its clearly identifyable as being a Type R and I don't even own one!

Does anyone else prefer the wheels on this one though compared to the UK spec options?

Does anyone else prefer the wheels on this one though compared to the UK spec options?

Those are show wheels. The onens that actually come on the FN2 are the standard FN2 wheels but in white. But yes, I do prefer them.

For me the "Type R" badge is the main one and not the red H, maybe Honda think the same way on the new Civic...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people get hung up on the red badge a bit too much, sure it's important but for me the "Type R" badge is the main one and not the red H, maybe Honda think the same way on the new Civic...

If you look at Honda's racing heritage and history, you will realise that the Red H is the badge worn by its cars spawned through racing pedigree and not the type R badge.

Type R's have only been around since 1992, Honda's racing heritage has been around a lot longer (1964), therefore the Red H is a more important symbol than the Type R logo IMO.

Back