• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Dash Bulb Replacement

Lottie

The Duchess
Tools/Equipment required:
  • Phillips screwdriver
  • Replacement bulb P/N 35505-SA5-003 (x1 bulb £4.42 at time of writing)
1. Feel underneath and to the top back of the surround for a small gap. Pull towards you.
dashbulb1.jpg

2. Move further down on the right hand side and pull towards you.
dashbulb2.jpg

3. Move to the left and do the same again.
dashbulb3.jpg

4. The surround should now be released and can be removed.
dashbulb4.jpg

5. Three screws now require removal (bottom left, bottom right and top centre.
dashbulb5.jpg

6. Remove the screw on the bottom left.
dashbulb6.jpg

7. Remove the screw on the bottom right.
dashbulb7.jpg

8. Remove the screw top centre.
dashbulb8.jpg

9. Tilt the console forward.
dashbulb9.jpg

10. Remove the connectors.
dashbulb10.jpg

11. The console should now be free to remove. Remove the bulb as necessary by turning roughly 90 degrees.
dashbulb12.jpg

12. Replace bulb with P/N 35505-SA5-003.
dashbulb11.jpg

13. Replace parts in the reverse order, job done.

Thanks to Si for the model hands :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
my dash board light goes dim at times then goes back normal what could that be?lol strange **** and it's by fuel guage

lovely guide btw

my dash board light goes dim at times then goes back normal what could that be?lol strange **** and it's by fuel guage

Mine does exactly the same, I just wack it and it comes back on.

lovely guide btw

Thats how mine started, then it finally gave up.

Excellent guide! Do you have a photo of the bulb? Just wondering if its a bulb you can pick up anywhere or is it one you can only get from honda?

Can you change the colour of your dash depending on the colour of the bulb or is it the dial colour that determines dash light up colour?

Cheers Lottie, I have some km/h JDM clocks from ebay that I want to try in my CTR now that it's downunder. Couldn't see how to get the surround off :)

I know that there has not been much action on this thread....but I was just wanting to ask a quick question....see the lights that are behind the switches behind the air con button etc, how easy are they to replace and is it still the same bulbs?

Thanks

mr_sport

I know that there has not been much action on this thread....but I was just wanting to ask a quick question....see the lights that are behind the switches behind the air con button etc, how easy are they to replace and is it still the same bulbs?

Thanks

mr_sport

Pretty easy, remove the bottom half first around the gearknob and then you can get to the screws. There are 2 bulbs behind there for the 3 buttons.

Thanks mate...all i need to do now is wait for the bulbs to come in from Honda.

Thanks again

mr_sport

Don't want to start a new thread but do the bulbs pull out of the black holder? I've realised the Lucas bulbs don't have the black holder. Thanks

Don't want to start a new thread but do the bulbs pull out of the black holder? I've realised the Lucas bulbs don't have the black holder. Thanks

yes, you have to have a good tug but they do come out, I used gripped pillars and light force to get mine out, broke a few, but even if you break A few, there easy to get out broken then as a whole. lol. :asw:

Thanks scabbytramp, I removed them the same way using pliers without breaking any and fitted new ones earlier today :)

I kept them standard, I wanted blue lights but I saw some photos where they looked bright in some areas and not in others.

Back