• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Dash Bulb Replacement

I kept them standard, I wanted blue lights but I saw some photos where they looked bright in some areas and not in others.

ive got yellow ones in .... shame it looks exactly are it did before! lol. but ive noticed no dim areas . but, you can see yellow from around the dials which looks cool. ** try take a picture once its dark

I got them off ebay, but I think the dials are colour layerd anyways, so only certain colours will get through, red / blue ( dark ) being more dominant then light. could you post a picture of yours? for comparisons please

20130924_192931_zps7ee612d6.jpg

Looks similar to mine, is that the vtec light that's on?
Let me try and figure out how to upload photos using my phone.

Looks similar to mine, is that the vtec light that's on?
Let me try and figure out how to upload photos using my phone.

vtec light on an ep3 ? oh no no no, who needs a light to tell you when you have raw power ;) haha

its alarm/immobilser

No not yet, my car is more or less standard, apart from minor changes - I've got an AEM V2 short ram induction, aluminium shifter bushes, HID conversion, mugen spoiler and other small bits. Mainly cosmetic no engine mods.

defo yours are brighter . I think I may go down the route of plasma dials for the ep3. a lot of things ive done to my car, I wish I didn't, ( changed my steering wheel ) but I miss the standard look. !
ive started with all cosmetic too. then going towards engine ;)

u can try blue red/ white yellow. but be wary of shades, as its not the bulbs that colour the dash, its the plastic strip that's pre-colored. if u do go down that route, be sure to choose bright and BOLD colours. strong colours, strong blue, strong red, light colours will not work.

ahh right and there is no way of removing the strip? sounds a lot of hassle to be fair for the colour only to turn out weird anyway.

really depends what colour,. and nope there isn't,. u can however remove the strips on the dials. on center console ect, to make l.e.ds brighter through that.

Back