• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Threaders with paying over a grand for insurance!!!

As title says really, just got my renewal through with elephant, its went down from 1250 to 1150. WTF. Im 23 now and i foolishly hoped i would be under the 1k mark this year but no.

Been searching on the usual sites best i got was 1050 with a 650 excess.

Think ill just buy a clapped out banger and take CTR off the road for a bit till someone gives me a decent quote.

Noel Dazely mate. Better than everyone else I got a quote with (most of the regulars)

That`s not too bad with only 1 years NCB then.
You should keep the insurance going, even if you have no car. I`ve done that a few times.

If thats not too bad then i think the ctr has to go or be put off the road , had enough of paying over the top prices for everything now. Tax, Petrol, Insurance ........the list goes on.

Petrol has come down, your insurance just dropped 100 notes, but yeah road tax time will be a bitch next year

2 years time you will probably be paying closer to 700

Try Admiral.

Just renewed mine & they matched Elephants price of 770 (but wasn't far off anyway), 3 years NCB and i live in London which is a killer!

I pay over £1k for insurance :(

That's for 4 cars though :D

Just stick with it, drive carefully and it'll come down eventually.
I went through most of the different insurers, there's some I'll never touch again regardless of price and others that I just keep paying regardless.

At the moment, Admiral seem about the best in my opinion.

insurance

hi, well i am 21 with 3 years NCB and i have just got a quote with TESCO for £800, dont know if it is worth giving them a try???

matt

Good, thats quality. Just renewed mine & i'm 24 with 3 years NCB and paid 770. Tesco was a stupid price & this is with my mum as second driver to bring the price down!

Think i'm going to move out of London!

Back