• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Threaders with paying over a grand for insurance!!!

As title says really, just got my renewal through with elephant, its went down from 1250 to 1150. WTF. Im 23 now and i foolishly hoped i would be under the 1k mark this year but no.

Been searching on the usual sites best i got was 1050 with a 650 excess.

Think ill just buy a clapped out banger and take CTR off the road for a bit till someone gives me a decent quote.

try adding you mum or gran as a named driver has this will make the quote cheaper, Lad at work 18 insured a corsa on his own £1500 then did a quote for the same car but with his mum as well as a named driver, quote come back at £900:eek::eek:

Back in 1992, when I was 18, I paid £1093 for a 1.6 Ford Capri., TPF&T.

£1100 now, for a CTR, doesn't seem bad at all.

Im 21, 3 years no claims
had a accident claimed on my insurance but not due to my fault
fully comp and its 700 for the year
thats with direct line

Im 21, 3 years no claims
had a accident claimed on my insurence but not due to my fault
fully comp and its 700 for the year
thats with direct line
Direct Line seem to hate me. 24 3 years NCB on an 04 Milano no claims no points & it was over 1100. Elephant came back at 770 & Admiral matched.

wow, looks like i was extremly fortunate with my quote then.
although you can add an extra 30 quid ontop of my insurence because i had to wait an hour on my phone to put the car on my insurence, had to travel 2 hours to get the car so couldnt risk driving home with no insurence lol

Im 21 1years NCB under my mums name with me as a named driver and mines over 1k so count some of yourselves lucky.

that was one thing i was going to do right from the start, take the blunt blow on your insurence in your first year on your own policy and providing your not stupid and crash in your first year it does nothing but get better

Back