• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20A3 Valve Clearance Adjustment

All done.
They were just about all within spec (intake 0.08-0.10)(exhaust 0.10-0.11) but I adjusted them all to be at the bottom range of the spec.

Took longer than I expected and I am covered in oil with a few cuts and scrapes but its done (Well sort of).

I think I have stripped one of the acorn nuts on the cover as it spins freely both ways. I was really carefull tightening up the cover nuts but alas something had to go wrong!

I removed all of the nuts and gaskets thinking I had snapped the bolt underneath but the rocker wouldn't lift off so I am thinking it is the nut that has stripped.

I have went for a drive and the engine is a lot quieter and I cannot see any leaks from the gaskets so it looks like it has sealed onto the block well enough.

Looks like I will have to order a nut and try and cut the fooked one off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did you do what I did? Ordered a cylinder head bolt and replaced.

Attachments

• sketch-1533650572839-957x540.png
    sketch-1533650572839-957x540.png
    909.2 KB · Views: 23
I don't think so because i cannot get the rocker cover back off. If i snapped the bolt it would have come off with the rocker cover i would have thought. That's whats got me thinking the threads on the nut have stripped

Might be worth getting a cylinder head bolt for under a tenner to be on the safe side. One of my cam cover nuts was spinning freely after I over torqued it. Popped the bonnet one day and it had disappeared, leaving what you can see in the picture.

Attachments

• sketch-1530292869714-1133x648.png
    sketch-1530292869714-1133x648.png
    913.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Back