• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The 'TRO Cleaning Tips' Thread

Hatton

Will Be Missed
Hello fellow TRO'ers. I started this thread on another forum and have a few good responses. So it's time to share.

I feel this could be the place where we all share best practice with each other. The cleaners bible if you like. Whether it's the products you use or the method taken. What products work with which colour, then here is the time and place to share.

Anyway, The biggest tip I have is to use Optimum Spray Wax after every clean. Being a spray jobby, it only takes around 10 minutes to do the car. By doing this, the car stays cleaner for longer, it looks fantastic, it is protected with many layers and it makes cleaning the car next time round a doddle. I really couldn't think of any better tip for everyone. I love the stuff. It can be be purchased from Gaz @ Detailed Obsession.
http://www.detailedobsession.com/cat...products_id=52
6.jpg

Go for this stuff as it works a treat between big cleans
smile.gif

Another one from me is a tyre shine. I have used many, but never found any half as good as Mothers Tire Shine. It's a cream and is dead easy to applicate. It is very durable and you don't need to use half as much as other brands.
20324.jpg

This is a yank product and I don't know too many places that flog this. I picked some up from a local detailing company a few years back. It can be bought from http://www.performancemotorcare.com/
Carcleaning14Small.jpg

I hope this thread can be of help to everyone. Please get sharing.
sorcerer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few from the other forum...

Window cleaning....left to right inside....up and down outside.
That way if you get streaks, you know which side of the glass they are on from the direction.

Use a paint brush to apply alloy cleaner,
Makes it easier to get into the diffucult areas

snow foam or apc in the arches = very good wash

I use Bilberry Wheel cleaner and its top stuff and at its very lowest dillution it still takes the dirt off.
Two bucket method with grit guards is a good idea.
I rate the microfibre sponges too, I used to use lambs wool mitts but the sponges are much better.
These:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin...e/prod_13.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I always dry my car using a large plush microfibre towel and quick detailer. Currently use Megs last touch which I find works well. By lubricating your drying surface with quick detailer, it reduces the chances of getting micro scratches from your towel and the polymers in the detailer give the car a freshly waxed look with minimum effort. There is obviously no substitue for protecting your car with a good wax, but this method is ideal for all of your washes in between.

<edit> I like the window cleaning tip Hatton ;). As a side note, quick detailer is also good on your windows and stops you from getting water marks. Rain will also bead off your windows.

Your method would work well with the optimum Tony, as this is a wax :)

Two birds with one stone there wingman.

Another really handy tip is when rinsing your car, use a hose with no spray attachment on the end. The water then sheets on the bodywork and you get fewer droplets left behind. If you don't have a hose then a watering can also does the trick (obviously without the sprinkler attachment on).

Keeno loves the watering can treatment. I have never done this, but when he showed me the weekend, it worked a beauty.

Take one bottle of AG Intensive Tar Remover

imgwatermark.php

And fit a trigger spray from another AG product.

03052009328.jpg

Now you can just spray it on and wipe the tar off after 1 minutes soak. Got all the tar off my car in 15 minutes this way. 8)

096_713.jpg

Don't use it on the windscreen but on all the other windows. Keeps them dry when its raining and also keeps them clean for alot longer. :cool:

hi all just wondering whats the best way to clean my intake manifold?? cant seem to shift the dirt marks

That Autoglym Tar remover spray solution is a winner! It does work!

Also like to add that Tony, that Quick detailing tip is a good one too!

I use thee old watering can trick too!
Ben i just ordered some of that spray wax as my bro ordered some, and he recommended! Just waiting on delivery :)

I need some major tips on getting my car sparkling guys, she has scuffs and scratches everywhere but none too deep some may polish out. So best shampoo's, wax, clays' and how to use them? And also some advice on cleaning my engine bay a bit cos she all dusty.

xXx

Taki - Sounds like your car could do with a machine polish tbh.
As for the engine bay thing, I'll wait for some tips too. I need to do mine BADLY!

Bet yours dont look as bad as mine, there's haunted houses out there somewhere with less dust and cobwebbs than whats under my bonnet. Some much needed time going into that this weekend.

xXx

Oh Thanks I shall consider those steps this weekend. Its weird to have a car I take so much pride in, I'm estimating a good 6 hours work cleaning this weekend. I been told Autoglym is pretty good stuff to use.

xXx

For an excellent engine bay clean use Meguars engine cleaner as it's amazing stuff. Can also be used on wheel arches too! Very powerful and little goes a long way. Then dress the engine bay with an interior dress or tyre shine.

A decent trim and tyre shine gel is chemical guys new trim look gel. Amazing stuff and lasts a lifetime! Again, a little goes a long.. Long way!

For wheels I use turtle wax wheel cleaner kit. You get the cleaner, a pot to put it in with a decent small brush that is great for pretty much everything, door seals, door/boot/bonnet/fuel cap hinges, engine bay exhaust and wheels. Even the gaps around your windows lol!

My other must have is car lack glass cleaner and sealant. Only needed every three to four months but is biblically good! Other than that I use 3mm glass cleaner. Streak free. Tidy.

A great paintwork sealant is chemical guys wet mirror finish. I would use a good wax too like collinite 476s.

All available from:

Www.ultimatefinish.co.uk
Www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

View my pictures for results.. More to come.

Back