• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any young CTR drivers?

Whats the youngest EP3 driver here and how much do you pay for insurance?

reason i ask ive been looking a EP2 and my brother has been comming with me looking at some for sale he has took a real shine to the civic and the vtec engine and fancys selling his mini cooper and buying a prefacelift EP3 for around £6500.

Thing his he is only 19 with1 years no claims and he wants to get a EP3 and go third party under my mums name, but i told him he probly still wouldnt get insurance. Just wondering is there any young EP3 drivers here and how did you get insurance or what type do you have and how much did you pay?

I am 21 with a 54 plate EP3. Under my mums name in the insurance through Tesco and I pay £100 a month. I had one years no claims too.

Are you fully comp?

Id love to get one but i have only passed my driving test, could put my mum down as the main driver and me third party under her? Or would i have no chance?

Fully comp, pretty high excess but worth it. Keep searching around, took me ages.

Forgot to add i've also got 3 points on my licence for driving while on my mobile.

Anyone insuring a car under their mums name will find it a really bad time when it comes to claims.

Secondary drivers of the car are supposed to be just that.
If you drive regularly to work or college etc the insurance company can void the claim.

Also if you are taking the car out at weekends and it gets stolen, it would usually be outside another place that your parents would probably not go to like a club or bar.

You then have to prove that you are not driving the car more than your parents.

And I bet that your mothers have another vehicle and the insurance company only has to watch you for a few days and they can clearly see that its your car.

No payout.

Young drivers should do pass plus and should declare themselves as the main driver but put the parent down as the second driver, it does pull the insurance down a bit and you would build up your own no claims bonus.

As soon as you come off your mums insurance you will find that 90% of insurance companies will not honour the no claims as you are listed as secondary driver with minimal mileage. Otherwise you would not have got the price you are paying.

Doing it under a parents name costs you more in the long run and doesnt actually cover you should the worst happen.

I used to sell car insurance

Yes agreed, anyone insuring their own car through their parents names should read and take serious note of what Stanford has written above. Effectively on paper the car is insured but you may experience serious problems when it comes to making a claim! It is called 'fronting'.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Im 21 I pay £1053 with admiral I have a 7 points and thats in my own name with 1 ncd and my mum as named driver.
I used to pay more on my lupo.

Yes agreed, anyone insuring their own car through their parents names should read and take serious note of what Stanford has written above. Effectively on paper the car is insured but you may experience serious problems when it comes to making a claim! It is called 'fronting'.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

I did read about fronting a while ago on the BBC news site. I believe that Insurace companies will not honour a claim in the event of something happening.

i have 6-9 points not sure if 3 are still valid. one years no claims im 23 years old i pay 800 fully comp the first year i owned her it was over 2k to insure though

I'm 20 and drive a 231 RX8 at the minute...will be getting an EP3 in a few weeks though.

iam 31 with a FN02 GT and with 6 speeding points (3 with this car) i pay <£300 fully comp

5 yrs full no clms bonus and protected.

got my Fn02 after my peugeot GTI was written off in a motorway accident that i managed to walk away from...

I'm 22 with 0 ncb (CTR is my first car) and I was quoted £844 by Bell, though it went up a bit paying monthly.

i'm 20 2years ncb and a write off to my name when i 1st started driving and its all under my own name for £1300 will bell

Back