• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Common Civic EP3 Faults

I have a 52 reg ctr and I've got a problem that I reckon could be something and nothing? When the engine is cold it revs high, around 2000rpm then settles down when the engine gets up to normal op temp. Has anyone got any ideas? I really appreciate the help!!

JIm

I have a 52 reg ctr and I've got a problem that I reckon could be something and nothing? When the engine is cold it revs high, around 2000rpm then settles down when the engine gets up to normal op temp. Has anyone got any ideas? I really appreciate the help!!

JIm

Read the ******* manual mate, its completely normal with the k20 engine :D;)

So this might sound thick but where is a good reliable place online to buy mugen stuff for my civic, theres a load of stuff on ebay but I just dont know whether to trust it for rare-ish stuff eg the union jack badge ect, theres a lot of fake crap on there

Hello All

Is it just me or just my Type R but is is normal that on driving ie 4-5k my car has a slight whistle ie like like a turbo would sound or Induction kit would. May seem Bit of a daft question but it's been bothering for a while now.

Hello All

Is it just me or just my Type R but is is normal that on driving ie 4-5k my car has a slight whistle ie like like a turbo would sound or Induction kit would. May seem Bit of a daft question but it's been bothering for a while now.

Yes mine used to do that beofre I fitted a Gruppe 'M.

It sounds electric.

I liked it.

Its just the sound of the engine under induction.

I have replaced brake pads and the disc is fine, not warped or anything.. there is a screeching sound coming from the front passenger side wheel at low speeds, what would it be? is it a big issue?

i have this same problem did you ever sort it out?

Engine problems

Went in to some water the other day:( my engine looks bad still starts but could be piston number 1 Conrod cracked - that's the advice from halfords any help please Honda ep3

I was wondering about some of the faults listed on the first page.

Where some of them say that a dealer will fix under a recall etc, would they still do this free for a car that is 10 years old eg a 2003 EP3 ?

A proper recall is done by a dealer no matter of age as a recall is for a safety issue.

Warranty fixes are the normal 3 years/60,000 unless Honda have extended the warranty period specifically for a known issue like the window seal rubbing off the roof paint on 06-08 Civics or the exhaust manifolds cracking on 06+ 2.2 diesel Civics.

Thanks Loxy.

So which of the listed issues can still be addressed by a dealer for free, for example:

- Whirring sound when you turn ignition on ?
- Steering knock ?

They'd both be warranty fixes, all the ones on the first post are.

So in a ten year old car you'd have to pay for that yourself, unless you bought it from a car dealer recently in which case you'd have the dealer warranty.

Back