• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Common Civic EP3 Faults

dy53type-r said:
got the car back tuesday

while replacing the rack they decided it needed new track rod end hence delay in repair steering feels sooooh much better :D :D :D
shame the steering wheel is not straight and it now pulls to the left
:cry: :cry:
so it is going back on tuesday to have them put right also they are going to repair the scratch they put on it :!:
and also for the fourth time now the engine light is back on so they can sort that to hopefully permanantly this time

not to impressed with dealer so far

Once you're sorted change dealer. :wink:

Neily03 said:
dy53type-r said:
got the car back tuesday

while replacing the rack they decided it needed new track rod end hence delay in repair steering feels sooooh much better :D :D :D
so it is going back on tuesday to have them put right also they are going to repair the scratch they put on it :!:
and also for the fourth time now the engine light is back on so they can sort that to hopefully permanantly this time

Once you're sorted change dealer. :wink:

most definatly will cowboys

very good sticky

I have noticed a wind noise coming from my windshield at high speeds was around about 140 tho so dont think i could mention that to them but if it gets worse i will. i got a years warranty from dealer so might bring it up when it goes in 4 service.

also think my heat sheild vibrating too seems kinda sloppy when i flicked it but seems tight enuf on screws but that only vibrates at low rpm's so not too bothered

Has any 1 else ever had a vabration from brakes pads when goin over cobbles? think mine need replaced so currently saving pennies for new set.
only reason i came to this is i heard a rattle when goin over some cobbles and as soon as i dabbed the brakes on the rattle went away.

but never had to deal with my dealer yet on any issues but they were real nice when i was buying car.

last thing i also have like a rumble comnig from exhaust when i down shift at low speeds does any 1 elses ctr do this? nothing has been touched on the car so just a thought?

bye bye no speeding ;)

Has anyone had condensation in their headlamps ive just had both mine replaced today as i could have popped in a couple of gold fish!!! (Eat your heart out Pimp My Ride) :lol:

I have noticed a wind noise coming from my windshield at high speeds was around about 140 tho so dont think i could mention that to them but if it gets worse i will. i got a years warranty from dealer so might bring it up when it goes in 4 service.

I hope this is on private roads.

This is a common fault. I had it on my Civic Sport although it was present at lower speeds 90mph. The dealer should know of the problem, the fix to replace/reseat the screen seal. This requires the screen to be removed.

head light motor

well as suspected i had a failure on my pasenger headlight motor my dealer took a look at it and had the part within 1 week so getting it replaced on the 18th this month, so very good service there from dealer.

and never had my car upto that speen again so dont know if it was just high winds or seal but if it comes in at lower speed i probally ask my dealer about it..

but i normally do 80 or 90 on roads and car is faultless at them speeds so fine by me.

I reached a stupid speed at a Kent meet once and my windscreen started howling. I took it straight back to the dealer and they reseated;)

rattly steering rack.

gearbox whines.

rear road noise.

the CTR is a very reliable beast in my opinion.

i have the problem with my alarm going off on my 02 ctr, it was going of every night for about 2weeks then hasnt done it again since..whats that about??

got the car back tuesday

Hi im a mechanic in a dealership and i would just like to say that it is not easy to fix some faults that come in. What most people dont know is that every job is giving a time frame and if for example i was to go over that giving time i will start to get hassle from my boss and in some cases told to leave it and bring another job in. I will also add most dealership bosses have never been mechanics so do not know how hard it is for us and dont really care about the faults we are trying to fix, all they understand is money/figures.

Drivers Window auto-function doesnÂ’t work:
On the facelift version the drivers window has an auto-function in both the upward and downward direction. This function will stop working if you disconnect the battery for any reason. To reset it close the window then open it again and hold the button in the open position for 5 seconds.

as regards to this post, mine worked in opposite direction..opening first and the closing the window and holding it for 5 seconds.. thanks for the thread..v good

heat shield rattle at 3-4k rpm

thanks for listing that - i have often wondered what the noise could be as mine does it - is it like a sort of soft wispy kind of sound? how can it be fixed? and which heat shield is it?

I have replaced brake pads and the disc is fine, not warped or anything.. there is a screeching sound coming from the front passenger side wheel at low speeds, what would it be? is it a big issue?

Alrite,
I'm new to the site and have a 05 CTR and have recently started to hear this rattle from the back of the engine bay.I've checked the v-tec cover an that seems ok then i checked the heat sheild over the manifold an that seems tight. Is there another heat sheild i've mist or cant see without getting it on ramps? Or has anyone just fooooooooked um off! lol

Alrite,
I'm new to the site and have a 05 CTR and have recently started to hear this rattle from the back of the engine bay.I've checked the v-tec cover an that seems ok then i checked the heat sheild over the manifold an that seems tight. Is there another heat sheild i've mist or cant see without getting it on ramps? Or has anyone just fooooooooked um off! lol

Remove the VTEC one and drive along, it may be on tight but it vibrates/rattles

Back