• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

folding mirrors

just a quick one really just want to know if you can wire up the mirrors to fold in off a switch as my garage is very tight and have to get out and fold them in everytime!!!lol! i think the dc5 has this and didnt know if it was possible to do to my ep3 facelift.

I'm sure there'd be some way you could bodge fit some DC5 mirrors, but that's beyond my comprehension...

DC5 mirrors are huge in comparison to CTR mirrors and would look completely out of place IMO.

True!! I was thinking FN2 at first but they would look plain daft on an EP3!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The mounting plates are different too so I've not idea how you'd do it but I'm sure there is someone out there that has tried, also if you have a facelift EP3 you would loose your mirror repeaters and I don't know if this would knacker you up for the MOT or not!? :confused:

DC5:
BUb5FBQmkKGrHgoOKjkEjlLmytBKNhuQNTQ.jpg

EP3:
BUrmqO2kKGrHgoH-CQEkJwwr3WBKOswgZpQ.jpg

(Photos stolen from fleabay :smt023)

I have folding mirrors in my EP3 :)

I bet they would be like rocking horse $h!7 to get hold of! Unless you get the rest of the car with it!!

yeah i agree i reckon its gona be cheaper to redo my garage than try and find a way around it!!!lol!thanks for all the replys.

Hi Im looking for a folding mirror switch for my Jdm EP3. Swich Assy Remote Mirror NH167L. part No, 35190-57A-J11ZB . Not the UK switch there different inside. Only place I could find was Japan for silly money and a 21 turn around. The switch on the car Had the little fold button glued down. It was a bit crumpled inside and the button wouldn't push in and out . When I removed the button it just had a small white plastic tongue sticking out. When I pushed it in the passenger mirror folded but the drivers side just moved a tiny bit and the motor just kept on buzzing. This would only stop if I pushed the tongue in 3/4 of the way and hold it in. Or pulling the switch Im thinking that this might be why the switch got glued down in the first place. I think the tongue cover was broken when trying to get it off. The question is will there be something physical in the mirror casing which is stopping it folding or is it something electrical in there. I dont want to wait 21 days for a new switch to find I needed to order another part at the same time from Japan. Anyone had one of these mirrors to bits or knows the electrical part needed. Thanks for your time Maxine.

I use my mirrors as guides for how close I can get to the door frame and walls of my garage so that I'll have enough room to open the door and get out of the car. If I folded them I'd have issues :)

Back