• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2003 Diesel Civic

A friend of mine has recently bought a 2003 diesel civic, he is planning to modify it so it is a type r look alike. Will the type r bumper and grille fit straight onto the car or will there need to be any modifications made?

Why? When he pulls away and there is a big plume of black soot, surely it will give the game away. EP3's can be bought for as little as 4.5-5k now. Tell him to sell his car and just buy a Type R.

Don't give me any of that fuel economy shít either. If he was that concerned about saving his pennies, he would keep the car standard.

Capt'n showing restraint. Tone speaketh the truth.

I'm sure there was a Type-D done by a couple of dealers - I def' saw one in Derby many years ago. That could be a pre-made option if he searches for one.

By the time you have got all the bits and painted up you might as well have gone for a proper model. The lower valances and skirts still cost a fair bit and a spoiler would need the rear brake light looming worked on.

Every man for himself... ;)

facepalmlaptop.jpg

Ive told him the same as you have said..No changing his mind lol. Now hes wooried hes made a mistake in buying as he doesnt know if front bumper grille etc will fit, any ideas? Also can the facelift bumper be fitted to the old one?

As long as its three door it will all fit on. Think side skirts will need a bit of sticky tape. and back bumper might need replacing with a type r bumper if he wants to fit the rear lip as the exhaust cutout might be different.
Sure someone on here or the other forum had a heavily modded type r kitted diesel, coilovers, braced and everything :D

Don't give me any of that fuel economy shít either. If he was that concerned about saving his pennies, he would keep the car standard.

True words said, Im not going to justify my car but if he is set on a type R look then the Sport (53 plate onwards) would have suited him far better to what he is trying to acheive, the only reason not to buy a type r is insurance I guess but Tony's right its alot of hassle for sh*t.:smt047

i wouldnt do it, and i can see most other folk on here wouldnt bother doing it but at the end of the day its the op's friends car and he can do what he wants to it. his choice, nobody elses busness..
original post was asking for advice not peoples opinions
:hide:

I wouldnt make my Sport look like a Type r but if he is hell bent on making the 1.7 diesel into a type r replica then I think Ebay will have a new grill and body kit on it for cheapish. If they want a type r spoiler then he will need a type r replica one as the original type r spoiler will not fit without changing the fitting holes. hope it helps :)

It takes spoon to make a thing go riiiight.

It takes spoon to make it outta sight.

Ahem.

What would you guys' opinions be on turning the FN2 diesel into a Type R lookalike, seeing as it has a bigger engine? :cool:

Back