• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Modding EP3...

Hey guys,

I have owned a Type R EP3 for about 6 months now and I am wanting to do some mods to it.

Was wanting to see what you guys have done to your cars and so on to get some ideas, I am not into doing over the top things I like it looking as it is but different if that makes sense... lol

So feel free to post some URL's or pictures to show me what you got be nice to see what has been done to these in the past.

I am looking to get a new sound system in there too any ideas of what is best to get in there.

Looking for: Head Unit / Front Door Speakers + Tweakers / & 10 - 12 " Sub.

Also looking into getting an Induction Kit? HKS I was thinking?

Also a HKS Full Exhaust System 4 - 5"

Look forward to seeing what you come back with!

Thanks alot!

JubeiTigeruk

Hi,

been looking about some nice stuff going on here!!

I think I seen on one of your posts, forgive me if I am wrong but on your front windows you had some like wind/rain guards? How much and where did you get them from?

If you don't mind me asking!

Don't get the HKS induction kit.

Have a look in the members cars section. You will find a trend of mods people tend to go for.

Don't get the HKS induction kit.

Have a look in the members cars section. You will find a trend of mods people tend to go for.

Thank you thats the sort of reply I was hoping for cos I am unsure of what to go for on this car as my last car was a VW Golf.

Thank you thats the sort of reply I was hoping for cos I am unsure of what to go for on this car as my last car was a VW Golf.

I know that HKS is a reputable company, but their induction kit for the EP3 is an open cone one and because of this, the cone will suffer from heat soak.

Try and get a Cold Air Induction (CAI) kit your EP3 (Gruppe M, J's racing, ITG maxogen etc.) They are more expensive but you get what you pay for.

You will also see alot of talk about the AEM CAI. I would advise reading the sticky in the induction kit subform on the AEM kit before making your mind up as it has some issue relating to it due to the location of the filter.

I know that HKS is a reputable company, but their induction kit for the EP3 is an open cone one and because of this, the cone will suffer from heat soak.

Try and get a Cold Air Induction (CAI) kit your EP3 (Gruppe M, J's racing, ITG maxogen etc.) They are more expensive but you get what you pay for.

You will also see alot of talk about the AEM CAI. I would advise reading the sticky in the induction kit subform on the AEM kit before making your mind up as it has some issue relating to it due to the location of the filter.

Looking at what you have said I love the look and everything I have read about the Gruppe M, looks really sweet under the hood too!

Price wise? 500 - 600 pounds I am guessing? From what I have seen anywhere you would suggest buying it from? How easy is it to install too?

Also exhaust systems which makes would you say to go for?

Some wicked stuff on that site I have to admit! I have seen alot of things I am wanting to go for! All over the car, loving it but the first things is I got to make it look different compared to the standard image around here as I find too many Type R's in my location in South Wales! lol But their all standard so its alright! Not that I dislike the standard look!

JubeiTigeruk

There is a big market for exhaust for the EP3. I would personally stick with the Jap stuff. Again you will pay more for it but the quality will be better. Avoid cheap exhausts from ebay.

There is a big market for exhaust for the EP3. I would personally stick with the Jap stuff. Again you will pay more for it but the quality will be better. Avoid cheap exhausts from ebay.

Agreed. Fujitsubo, Toda, J's Racing and Spoon are all worth looking at exhaust wise, they cost more yes, but equally they have a great appeal to the 2nd hand market and they're better suited to the car IMO.

Mods

I would suggest going for a Spoon N1 exhaust. Has got a nice quailty to the sound, and sounds brillaint when VTEC kicks in y0!
Also you can have lots of fun with this exhaust, by setting lots of car alarms off :D

As for induction kit, I would go for a AEM Kit. This adds slightly different tone to the engine, and AEM is a well known World Wide brand.

Music wise, there is a Alpine Sub called a 'Type R' which is 12". Two of these would look good! Thats the plan for my Type R when i get it any way =]

Type R Sub's sounds really good, i had one in my current car (Punto ](*,)), linked up to a Alpine AMP, the linked to a Kenwood W707 headunit. All together this sounds brilliant!

Mods inside the car are very worthwhile as thats where you spend your time! As for other mods deal with handling first and then address power it will make you much faster :twisted:

Don't get buddy club. Heard they don't age too well. Stick with spoon as long as you don't have to drive too far. :lol:

Back