• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Why is ** censored?

It's 52.

You shouldn't have second guessed yourself, as your first thought was correct. :)

I did think so, but I thought a converter would be more accurate than me. Guess not. They really did break the mould when I was created!

I would suggest that filtering text speak is all well and good but it becomes a bit OTT when it causes acceptable wording/numbering to also be censored. Just seems ever so slightly ****.

It would seem that to keep on top of all forms of possible text speak some instances will prove to be mildly anal, but that's a worthy sacrifice in order to hold yourself above the rest ;) haha

It would seem that to keep on top of all forms of possible text speak some instances will prove to be mildly anal, but that's a worthy sacrifice in order to hold yourself above the rest ;) haha

analbeard ftw :lol:

Yeah it is worth keeping standard up for sure.

Edit.
after a quick google: Anal Beard is a punk/grunge band btw as well. Is the Capt a musician?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest that filtering text speak is all well and good but it becomes a bit OTT when it causes acceptable wording/numbering to also be censored. Just seems ever so slightly anal.

I agree with that Harv. Can't the filter be reversed? I thought that we are all big enough to accept the 3 strike rule that was enforce, or was that a white elephant??

It would seem that in this case it's a matter of grammer, as I V should have had a ' between the I and V in it.

No harm no foul i would say, but can I remind the mods that this isn't China, and censorship would be best kept minimal, either that or stick to the 3 strike rule that we had to retain the enjoyment of the site.

I Think this was an oversight on the admins behalf. We will endevaour to rectify the situation.

If people took note of our constant reminders, there would be no need for a filter at all. :D

Nothing wrong with having a filter, just don't get carried away. Just a few of the more well known text speak terms should be filtered imo. And not just filtered to **, as the user won't know why it's been changed. perhaps filtered to a NO TEXT SPEAK in bold would help people more.

Nothing wrong with having a filter, just don't get carried away. Just a few of the more well known text speak terms should be filtered imo. And not just filtered to **, as the user won't know why it's been changed. perhaps filtered to a NO TEXT SPEAK in bold would help people more.

spot on as usual ;)

Back