• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

nice car mate, i was going to ask you if you have a thread about it.....just out of interest how do you afford all of this with a girlfriend :lol:

but yeah i agree, i do like the purple theme to the car and that system is very smart. did you have that custom built for the civic?
im really undecided on sound system for mine, i may uprate the standard speakers with cromponents. have you done anything to the door speakers?

Thanks for the approval people, am really happy that the purple seems to be winning people over :D

and Danga, yeah have changed everything system wise, headunit is a Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (bought it years and years ago and has never let me down so has been in all my cars), rear speakers were changed to 17cm Pioneer TS-E1702i coaxials and the fronts were swapped with Pioneer's flagship TS-C171PRS components, with the crossovers mounted in the boot (as seen in pictures), the tweeters mounted in the mirror recess in the corner of the door, and the speakers mounted in original location (as didn't want the doorcards to get cut up etc as that would hinder resale).
In terms of the boot, yes it was custom built to fit the CTR's boot by "Huets" in Hove, they are usually responcible for quite a few demo cars, most recent being Kenwood's VW Scirocco and Alpine's Fiat 500 for this season, so they know their stuff :p
Oh, and can afford it as we have an arrangement where I earn my money to spend on myself (with the occasional gift for her), and she earns her money to spend as she pleases *thumbs up* :D

*responsible rather, not responcible! ha

and also, @Kenneth, I don't have any major interior mods planned, only thing other than the system I've bought is a carbon fibre tax disc holder at the moment, but plan to get the carbon fibre J's Racing mirror surround and the Skunk2 gear knob yet that's it really, aiming to spend my money on engine bits as apposed to interior :) I would really really like the J's Racing titanium gear knob but it's like £300 or something silly so I'll give it a miss methinks lol

oh, and @Danga again, go you with the LED repeaters! First of many I'm assuming ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, well with that in mind, here is a picture of the system :) opinions and questions welcomed :)

DSC01237.jpg

Very very nice and professional install mate, bet it sounds cracking with a bit of Abba :cool:

Where do you keep the spare though, and where will you put the tent and stuff for JAE??? :confused: ;)

if you dont mind me asking what do you do for a living, if you can afford stuff like that i may start it up lol.
well i earn money and i have to share it in the sense that we have to do something every weekend, not that im complaining but i have a long list for my CTR and its just begging me to spend on it lol.
you do know your stuff, but yeah i agree i dont fancy butchering the door cards, im still quite hesitant to cut up the bit by the mirrors for the tweeters

if you dont mind me asking what do you do for a living, if you can afford stuff like that i may start it up lol.
well i earn money and i have to share it in the sense that we have to do something every weekend, not that im complaining but i have a long list for my CTR and its just begging me to spend on it lol.
you do know your stuff, but yeah i agree i dont fancy butchering the door cards, im still quite hesitant to cut up the bit by the mirrors for the tweeters

Then don't...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-civic-t...s_SM?hash=item20ace47a0d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
;)

Those ebay ones dont look all that IMO, mine are much more flush, and I guess it depends what sort of tweeters you get as they'd all differ in size so you might find that they are either too big or too small to fit in the 'prefabricated' mounts, in which case you've wasted £19 on something you can't use.. I just had mine cut to fit my tweeters exactly with the notion that replacement ones from Honda when I come to sell the car will only set me back around £16 or so which is cheaper than buying those things off ebay :) If people would like to see the finish I can get a picture of the tweeters mounted...? Let me know and I'll post it..

@Crumb, spare wheel lives in my shed, I just carry a tyre inflator kit on board to get me home then put the spare on once home. As spare compartment is the home for the amp that powers my front components, along with an amass of additional fuses and a 10farad power bank :)

@Danga, strangely enough I don't work as anything spectacular, merely a sales wh*** for Sony in Brighton, I just manage my money (although this does result in never going to clubs etc as don't have the money, but still do other bits like cinema, meals etc).. Oh, and first modification was actually the sound system (biggest expenditure thus far), but I pretty much bought everything at the same time, I just fitted everything else after the sound system was installed :) *shakes hand of Mr HSBC man* haha

wow, they pretty good actually. if i bought them would i be paying too much? or am i better off chancing it at a scrappy and butchering them lol

£20 would be alright for the proper OEM stuff wouldn't it? Save you a lot of grief too I'd have thought.

Up to you mate, just advising you of your options :smt023

Danga, if you didn't fancy parting with around £20ish for OEM ones I'd advise on visting a scrap yard with a CTR laid up and taking them off that, if anything get two pairs for a few quid and then if you make a mistake with the first pair you can learn and have a better go on the second set :) would you like a picture of mine to get an idea?

cheers crumb you have helped mate :smt056 lol but there is the fact that my tweeters may not fit that section. although i do like the way that they are shaped around the housing so it looks a bit more professional.

could you upload a pic of yours nymph? just to see how yours look.....decisions decisions :lol: i just dont fancy them looking like they are just stuck there. my tweeters are luminous green btw so you have to take that into consideration :lol:

Luminous green? Fusion I presume? ;) hehe but yes, I'll take a picture tonight and upload it tomorrow morning :)

they are indeed my friend and i think they are pretty good. do you know the size of the standard door speaker and if they need an adapter plate for after market speakers?

No adaptor needed, just need 17cm components :D although if they are deep (big magnet etc) then you may need to build an adaptor just to move the speaker closer to the door card so the magnet doesn't fowl on the outer door skin / window when wound down.. Sound proofing is also required otherwise you'll get alot of door vibration

crap, mine are like 15cm...gonna have to buy some bigger better ones now arent i lol
i found some dynamat at the scrappy years ago, two 15x15" sheets for nothing, not all bad

Back