• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Yeh that'd be cool mate, just let me know when you're heading down this way (so long as it's not the beginning of October as I'll be driving around Europe :p haha)
Is the dolphin pipe more common than the straight then?

Yes, the dolphin has been around for ages and hence the prase it get as its been tried and tested. The new Straight tail is the same system just with a 4" tail pipe, same as the RM01A and DC sports systems.

Ah right, I see now Ted *said in Father Ted accent* lol
Has anyone on the forum ever owned one of the dolphin pipes from J's Racing do you know?

Im not sure if there are many people with the J's as there sooo expencive. There was one for sale second hand a while ago eather on here or on CTRO.

Do you realise how loud the J's systems are compared to the rest!!?? This will give you an idea! :evil:

[video=youtube;<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVDlS5BW4x0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVDlS5BW4x0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>]old link autoupdated[/video]

That's the bad boy :) purple is a bit darker than the hoses but I'm sure I can live with that :)

That's an excellent idea!! Best get the kettle ready ;)

And don't suppose your mum would like to FedEx me a sandwich would she? I'm starving lmao

yeah its still purple, you cant snub it because its darker lol.
she went to post you a sandwhich but i ate it and that was the last of the bread :rolleyes:

How dare you eat my sandwich?! :O lol kidding.. But yeh I can't snub it because it's darker, and if it bothers me enough I can just re-sheath the cables with a lighter purple :)

@Petey, I've just noticed the video you posted, and F me, the J's 70RR is fantastic! :D excellent video, thank you very much for that.. :) presume the Toda is nowhere near as brutal? As guessing that if you had that fitted you'd struggle doing track days as the decibels seem extremely high :?

How dare you eat my sandwich?! :O lol kidding.. But yeh I can't snub it because it's darker, and if it bothers me enough I can just re-sheath the cables with a lighter purple :)

im sorry :( bacon sarnies are too irresitable :lol:
haha mate it shouldnt bother you that much surely? lol but there is the possibility the way you are going with it haha.
oh yeah that toda system is meant to be relatively quiet incomparison to other systems mate, well what i have read anyway

Ah damn, in that case I'll have to weigh up whether I want to do alot of track days or not, as wanted something quite grunty and the J's 70RR just sends tingles down my spine :D *drools* yet if I want to track day I'd have to opt for the Toda... Decisions decisions... Although won't be making that purchase yet, so I've got plenty of time :)
And just thought about the earthing kit, I can be happy with it being a darker purple as just rememebered that the 0gauge power cable for my sound system is a dark purple!! :D took Huets almost a week to source that for me upon my request ;) I think I have a problem :? lmao!
Oh, and your forgiven in regards to the sandwich, as I'm pretty sure I'd have done exactly the same thing ;) haha

haha oh good, i be pleased to know that in my time of need of starvation you would happily scoff the lot :lol:
TBH, would you really want to do a track day in your car after all the money you have spent on it? unless you got some crappy wheels to slap on it and some decent brakes that you are more than happy to fry around the track and then batter to death after going into the gravel lol then do it mate lol.
haha you do have a problem....a purple one haha your car should be nick named after ribena like ribby or bena haha.
it is allways nice to have a grunty exhaust especially if youre going to spend near £1000 on it....does look sexy though

That is a very good point, thinking about it it's a much better idea to just pay the little bit extra and use the tracks demo cars and save mine for the roads :)
In regards to exhausts, I was thinking that the J's 60RR would be a better option due to MOT time but without a cat I'm guessing that I'd fail on emissions anyway so I might as well go for the 70RR for the extra noise, GRRRRR :D hehe and hopefully I can find a dodgy garage to waiver the emissions results for me :) otherwise I'm not sure swapping the manifold and system over once a year will be a massive headache or not that bad...

erm i think its only down to the cat for the emissions, some exhausts has a removeable section to fit the cat, jack the car up and screw here and there and its sorted lol obviously not as easy as that.
yeah, i want to upgrade the noise of mine. for it to sound good and irritate my gf's neighbour who is a grade 1 a-hole. what does the J's exhaust look like?

And I don't have any neighbours that I want to irritate, I just want the car to sound like it could swallow your children when I over take people on the motorway / b-roads ;)

haha swallow children and small mammals that dare to venture near. thinking about it your new filter should sound pretty good, how long do you have to wait for that?
titanium??? is that heavy or light? lol sounds good either way.
yeah i just saw a pic of the J's system, very similar indeed, is it loud?

Titanium is uber uber light :D from cat back the J's system that I gave you the link for weighs 6.2kg, whereas the OEM system weighs around 24kg!..
And if you look back on page 7 of this thread 'ep3petey' posted a video for me, have a watch of that ;) the likes of all the Jap stuff like HKS, Spoon, Fujitsubo etc range from 98-103dbs on a drive-by recording, whereas the J's 70RR system smashes them with a 120dbs!!! That's the same decibel reading as a jumbo jet taking off FFS!! *eyes pop out*

2K plus VAT for that system!!! WOW! an I bet you will get tired of it after a while, then when you come to re-sell it you will loose almost £1500 as most second hand exhausts sell for around the £500 mark if there in good nicker!

If you want loud, get spoon. If you want great sound and great quality get Toda or Fuji an you'll still be able to go on track if you ever wanted to.

24kg blimey, thats quite a weight loss there. i must admit that 70RR does sound good, shame i had to wait ages haha. so much different from the 60RS isnt it.
thats the only problem as i know of a few people putting standard exhausts or standard sounding exhausts back onto their cars.
ep3petey has a point there, you decided about the track? i would rather worry about the track when it comes to it, keep the standard back box or something handy just incase you change your mind

Some systems, such as the Toda have a different length B pipe so you wouldnt be able to use the standard back box unless you were to change the whole system back to O.E.M. Dont know about the J's.

All I can say for the J's is I have there carbon intake and its bloody fantastic!

Back