• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Mugen FN2 concept test drive/review.

Before reading the reviews here, I read a lot of bad stuff about the RR. I heard the exhausts are fake, or something? And the vents in the bonnet are purely cosmetic... Seeing what's under the bonnet, it doesn't look like it, and one of the undershot photos seems to suggest the chrome exhausts aren't just for looks either, but hey.

A friend in Japan has got this for the weekend to play with, picked it up directly from Mugen HQ

13943_248359357624_765147624_4152248_5765118_n.jpg

^^

Very nice man :cool: .

Looks good in white, but the white ones I have seen dont have the vented front quaters :( .

Isn't it part of the "track pack" or whatever it's called?

You can get optional extras on a Mugen??

Shame, I like to think that the 'Mugen' is just the 'Mugen' version.

Yeah Chris - It's part of the track pack that costs an extra 10k which sees:

- The removal of the rear bench (and have it tidied up with the metal sheeting)

- Recaro buckets

- Sabelt Harnesses

- Vented fenders

- Vented Bonnet

- The 'Defi' Type Gauges too, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look really sexy, I still can't quite decide though (not that I could afford either) that or
1242151486-ford_focus_rs.jpg

The Focus RS is almost £20K cheaper.

That's what would win it, it's the closest thing to compare it to or the R26-R but that's french and will breakdown. Price wise then as said previously there's other stuff out there.
But for track/driver experience I wouldn't know what I would rather

That's what would win it, it's the closest thing to compare it to or the R26-R but that's french and will breakdown. Price wise then as said previously there's other stuff out there.

Alot of 'respected' people/pundits/magazines reckon it'd have to be the Mugen as that is what it's essentially made for - the track.

The RS is slower than the Mugen around a track, but there is no denying it's straight line grunt. The Focus RS isn't as track honed as the Mugen is - so It'd be the Mugen for a driving experience/track personally. :cool:

I'd be inclined to opt for the R26.R ahead of the RS if it was for a track experience - and the Mugen above both :D

Yeah, an RS4.

The Mugen makes no sense what so ever.

Unless you are at Jay Leno status/wealth and really like silly priced Hondas.

Yeah, an RS4.

The Mugen makes no sense what so ever.

Unless you are at Jay Leno status/wealth and really like silly priced Hondas.

I thought this was a hypothetical convo :D - otherwise EP3 with a Mugen Wing and an LSD's a win for me :D

Back