• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wheels, offsets, stud patterns..

(ep3 civic type R related)

:confused: :confused:

Can all get very confusing - especially if your trying to find some nice different wheels which not everyone is running.

Apologise if this has been covered many times but perhaps a sticky may be good for it?

From what Ive read our stud pattern is 5 x 114.3

What offsets are compatible with the ep3? (eg. anything from 35 -> 42?!)

What widths are we able to go up to (without any dodgy arch work needed)

Any help appreciated :) Im looking for somthing different and will hopfully be giving the car a nice drop of about 35mm - maybe a little lower on coilovers if I spend out (but only if the car is driveable)

Josh

o.k from my experience i would say

8 inch wide maximum, needs to be ET45 with 225 width tyre maximum on a lowered car.

7.5inch width can be offset down to 35 at a push with a 215 tyre, arch may need to be rolled

7inch width as low as ET35 offset.

You can also go the other way offset ET50 and run a 5mm spacer.

Other people will tell you different so this is only from my expereience.;)

cheers buddy!

Anyone else got any info from personal experience? Id love to get a set of wheels that sit perfectly flush with the car but im thinking its a no no :(

Edit* while im here also, if I was going for a set of wheels which were 17" x 7.5 wide

5x114.3 & ET45 - on a car lowered approx 35mm what tyre size would be best suited?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate :) very tempted by a few sets of wheels, might refurb the standards for the time being and keep an eye out

sorry to bring this up but just to double check as long as the ET is ok and the stud pattern is correct they will be a straight fit with no silly spiggot rings or anything?

Thanks dude!

Spiggot rings are sometimes needed, depends what wheels you go for.

I have a set of Volks, Buddyclubs & Enkei aftermarket wheels and none of them needed spiggot rings though.

Almost bagged me a lovely set of rotas in the above fitment, but some bugger snapped them up just as I was clicking buy :eek: :(

Heres a strange one for your hovblack - my helpfull wheel guru :p

Seen some wheels advertised stating

''Perfect fit for ep3 - 17 x 8 ET47'' Im guessing that even though theyre a fat 8" wide, due to the high offset they wont sit too far out in the arch?

Apologies for all the questions, im slowly starting to understand all of this nonsense :)

I want wheels that fit nice and flush no hiding away in the arches :)

Ah thanks dude youve been a massive help! 8" wide sounds more appealing :lol:
That site says that the 8" wide wheels will leave 15mm less inner clearance sounds alot like that haha

Only other thing is at 17 x 8 and ET47 would the tyre sizes above still work when lowered? or will i need a lower tyre wall possibly?

Thanks matey as I say really do appreciate it :)

This has been alot of help for me aswell thanks guys!! Not buying anything yet but i will be going 8" wide also

no probs!

The 15mm less inner clearance won't be a problem as there is lots of clearance available on the oem setup.

8 inch wide should take a 225/35 0r 225/40 if you an get them.

I've just test fitted a 235/40/17 on an 8 inch rim ET38. It just fits with the rear arch completely rolled and no arch liners.

DSCF2144.jpg
DSCF2142.jpg
DSCF2141.jpg

Does the link you sent me still apply even if going to 18's buddy? same fitment rules just needing a lower profile tyre?

also ive noticed some wheels listed as 5x114 and others as 5x114.3 - will both fit? :)

Thanks! ;)

Yeah mate doesn't matter about rim size.

Some websites are lazy and just put 5 x 114 but it's the same fitment, they just can't be arsed to type .3!:rolleyes::p

I thought that might be the case haha!

Dont wanna go 18's but to go with one of my ideas it seems the only option :( plus not even light 18's - :smt019

hov! my wheel guru :p just a quick one, what bolts (and locking bolts) would be required for a set of aftermarket wheels? i.e. rota/buddy club, are they all the same?

just want an idea of how much they are and where from

Hi Mate,

Any tapered nuts will do. Rays do some if you are feeling flushed with money.

Or there is Muteki, ultralite or buddyclub. Any of these would do the job.

I have a set of Muteki open face in black i want to sell if you are after a cheap set.;)

Back