• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just done service - my quick How-To

Thank you for this thread. Really helpful and made this job a lot easier.

Have done the oil change before and it was a nightmare. Really easy taking the wheel off. Thanks

Can any1 confirm it's a 14mm and a 20mm washer that I need??

looking at the dealer parts screen that's what I'm guessing.

10/10 for the write up!!

Monty. Before a mod jumps on you. Text talking is not aloud on this forum. Just a friendly heads up.

Just buy the washer from your local dealer, not even a quid. And they'll give you the right size, apparently it's the same size washer as the one on the gearbox drain.

Fantastic guide, done mine today, my only issue being the drain bolt on the gearbox. Realised I did not have a wrench to be able to undo it as the oil was draining already from the fill hole!, Helpful neighbours always a good thing!

All i I would add is the cabin filters, can't believe how much dirt was in mine.

Other than that quite easy really, if I can do it anyone can!!!

They are crush washers so seal when tightened ensuring that no oil will leak. I f your reuse the washer then it will loose its effectivness. They cost 30p so just buy some.

Excellent write up pal. I bought a tegiwa magnetic sump plug and the ****s don't supply it with a washer. Wtf?? For £13 too! I figured I would reuse my current one for the while as I wanna do it tomorrow. Also my oil filter did not come with any sort if washer. I take it I don't need one? Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil filter has it's own rubber seal mate. Just make sure you rub a bit of oil around the seal before screwing it in

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I know, I was looking for it and could I find it!? Thinking to myself why isn't this stickied! :lol:

Just a little tip on the transmission fluid change if you don't have any tube attached to a funnel you can take out the reverse switch bolt which is on the top of the gearbox and its a straight fill with just a funnel no messing with plastic tubing.

Thanks for this! Was doing my service yesterday including changing the headlight by taking the bumper off but ran into a few doubtful things I'd like to ask. First off all I used a ramp and drove up the mini ramp which gave me plenty of clearance but i'm struggling to undo the oil filter and drained all the oil. Any suggestions for that? Dont want to start the car and drive it down even for a min to roll it down unless you think its okay to move the wheel and take it off that way.
Another thing is the transmission fluid. Mine was absolutely filthy after 72K and replace it but after around 1.5L it seemed to be full and leaking over the top. Is this an issue?

Any help would be appreciated since I had to leave it over night on the ramp with the bumper off with no oil!

Back