• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just done service - my quick How-To

Definitely thanks due for this one Chris, changed gearbox oil today with this how-to. Had a bit of a time trying to get the tubing for my funnel, five auto guys and one engineering crowd later I was sorted, plus a run to halfrauds for 1/2" to 3/8" adapter, my ratchet sh1t itself last week.

What is the diameter of the Tubing please lads, going to do this on Saturday....

I used 10mm clear tubing with 1.5 side wall. Anything to 14 should be fine, don't use fuel line as the internal diameter is to small to let the fluid pass through, you be waiting a life time to fill
Lee

I used 10mm clear tubing with 1.5 side wall. Anything to 14 should be fine, don't use fuel line as the internal diameter is to small to let the fluid pass through, you be waiting a life time to fill
Lee

Cheers buddy......

Would just like to big up this post, helped during my service today. Oil filter is a pain where it is. Ended up having to puncture it with a screwdriver to work it loose!

The best bit is when the oil runs down the screw driver and up your sleave....

Thank you so much for this post!

I am a total noob when it comes to doing anything to my car and would even be afraid to service it myself.

The pictures are so clear and the how-to is so well written and simple I will do it this weekend.

Thank you so much for this post!

I am a total noob when it comes to doing anything to my car and would even be afraid to service it myself.

The pictures are so clear and the how-to is so well written and simple I will do it this weekend.

Famous last words :p

Thanks for the how to's... but there's a few things I want to know.

1. Do you need to apply Dielectric Grease to the coil pack when changing the plugs? I heard that you are supposed to use Dielectric Grease on the connectors to seal them from moisture etc?
2. What is the copper lubricant you used on the spark plugs? Is it just normal same copper grease as used for changing brake pads?

Thanks for the how to's... but there's a few things I want to know.

1. Do you need to apply Dielectric Grease to the coil pack when changing the plugs? I heard that you are supposed to use Dielectric Grease on the connectors to seal them from moisture etc?
2. What is the copper lubricant you used on the spark plugs? Is it just normal same copper grease as used for changing brake pads?

Number 2, yeah its the same stuff mate

EDIT: Any anti-seize high temp grease will do too.

Great write up!

I know what i am doing on a B series engine but this helped fill a few gaps on the K series.

Many thanks

reverse-1233400426_guy falls of chair.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair dues.

Just a bit confused because you can't get the FN2 in Cosmic Grey. :confused: :lol:

Back