• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just done service - my quick How-To

Lol I was just thinking, I've never seen a FN2 in cosmic grey
Mmm wonder why Honda didn't use this colour for FN2.....?

Great thread, especially for an eager to learn nube like myself!

Can anyone recommend where to get OEM filters?

Thanks

Excellent post!!

Top post!:D
Can you help with two things?
What gap do I need to have on the spark plugs and do you know of somewhere I can get my hands on new oil drain plug/transmission filler+drain washers? I know washers normally come with new oil filters but the one I got didn't:(

Cheers Pete

How tight are the transmission bolts normal? My fill one is mega right, as in breaker bar with jack handle on it isn't undoing it. Is it likely to shear??

How tight are the transmission bolts normal? My fill one is mega right, as in breaker bar with jack handle on it isn't undoing it. Is it likely to shear??
I did this service about a week ago, transmission bolt(fill) was tighter than a ducks a**e! Ended up having to use an impact driverand a long extension after a good soak with WD40. Was a little nervous asdirections on ancient impact driver had worn off so had to pray it was going toloosen rather than tighten, stripping the thread would have been a disaster!! :( All good in the end, this was an excellent guide! P.s. i'd recommend doing your cabin pollen filters at the same time, I had half a bush stuck in mine :p Good luck!

Right well it's been soaking most the morning whilst I've done the radiator, brake pads pipes and fluid and stripped the gruppe m out to get better access. Need to man up and get this plug out, wish me luck

A little tip the 10mm bolts when replacing the spark plugs for plugs 1 and 3 my socket got these off no problem but the bolts for 2 and 4 needed an 10mm spanner not a socket wrench. I had to go buy one half way through doing it haha. This is a great guide by the way it should be sticked. Also anyone have any idea how to adjust the drive belt, my arrow is outside of the marker/column.

Just used this guide to do my gear box oil and engine oil and filter change , thanks made things very easy

hi buddy great how to are the washers for the gearbox just normal washers or crush washers plus is it possible if you can comfirm the sizes of the washers many thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Are you talking about the sump bung washer? If so, try and buy one from your local Stealership or Halfrauds. They're pennies.

for the gearbox drain and refill

only reason i ask is i bought a 14mm and 20mm washer to change the gearbox oil wanted to no if it was correct

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh I see, tbh fella I can't help you there as I can't remember what mm the washer is. And I don't think the OP will be much help as he hasn't been on the forum in ages.

for the gearbox drain and refill

only reason i ask is i bought a 14mm and 20mm washer to change the gearbox oil wanted to no if it was correct

That should be correct and the 20mm washer should also be thicker.

Look at a magnetic drain plug, when I changed my oil I screwed the plug in then removed and was surprised how many iron filings came out. Be interesting to see what it looks like when I next change it.

Back