• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thanks button

Should we remove the thanks button?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed that the thanks button symbol has disapeared from my avitar and that i was thanked once in one post but it's not there anymore? can anyone help?
Thanks, :D. Neil.

Depends what you were thanked for? People have started to just thank people for any reason, because it's a new button to press.

It's intended reason is for users to thank people who provide useful information, rather than saying thanks because you agree on a subject or because someone says your car looks nice.

If people use the thanks button in an appropriate manor then it can be a very useful tool for searching for helpful/useful information.

What's the deal in regard to the thanks button, when people do something for you like a photoshop etc. is use of the thanks button ok in these circumstances?

Or is it solely for useful info?

Cheers

TR

What's the deal in regard to the thanks button, when people do something for you like a photoshop etc. is use of the thanks button ok in these circumstances?

Cheers

TR

Both.

Cheers

TR

Yes, It's to identify helpful posts or helpful users. Not to say thank you for positive comments, otherwise it just dilutes it down and makes searching harder.

Depends what you were thanked for? People have started to just thank people for any reason, because it's a new button to press.

It's intended reason is for users to thank people who provide useful information, rather than saying thanks because you agree on a subject or because someone says your car looks nice.

If people use the thanks button in an appropriate manor then it can be a very useful tool for searching for helpful/useful information.

Thats cool, i totally agree, i wasn't worried that i hadn't been thanked anymore, but i thought the thumb symbol was visible on your own thread for you to see? or is it just that you can see everyone elses and not your own?

Thats cool, i totally agree, i wasn't worried that i hadn't been thanked anymore, but i thought the thumb symbol was visible on your own thread for you to see? or is it just that you can see everyone elses and not your own?

You can see everyone else's and not your own. Thanking yourself is considered a little bit big headed and mainly frowned upon. :lol:

Like having a **** in front of a mirror :evil:

[video=youtube;LV3m7nkbmHM]old link autoupdated[/video]

You may not be able to view this unless logged in.

<edit> It appears embedding is disabled because of "graphic content" :lol:

i have noticed that my "thanks" level goes up and down like a whores drawers. somedays its up near 30, then back at 20 it yo-yos up and down, i don't know if this is a problem with it indexing posts but i thought i would bring to admins attention incase im not the only one.

Like having a **** in front of a mirror :evil:

One of my X's used to do this, she said she used to find it kinky watching herself.

It gives me dcik tingles thinking about her doing it now.

Lush.

Sorry, BOT.

Mibe goes up abd down also, I think if a MOD see's Thanks that are not necessary they remove it.

Makes sense really.

I never realised you could thank yourself though :lol: .

grammar-nazi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back