• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thanks button

Should we remove the thanks button?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

On the old TRO skin/config - it was possible to see what posts one had been thanked for.

I've had a search around my profile, and can see the total thanks I've handed out - but cannot find a link that tells me what I've been thanked for; is there one? If so, could you let me know how I can access that info.

Thanks.

Sunshine - I think it was due in a update/patch or something, but you're right, its still not there.

I know Al was looking at it though.

This was due to us upgrading to VB4. The thanks feature is an outside developers patch, which at present hasn't been fully updated for VB4.

Safe for that man.

Please never use the term safe in that manner again, otherwise I will be forced to find you and give you a Dutch blindfold.

That is all.

how do you check whos thanked you for what post?

Safe yeah!!!! lol

You used to be able to check, but.....

Sunshine - I think it was due in a update/patch or something, but you're right, its still not there.

I know Al was looking at it though.

This was due to us upgrading to VB4. The thanks feature is an outside developers patch, which at present hasn't been fully updated for VB4.

:lol:

Bump for this.

Been quite helpful recently; would be good to see what I'm getting thanked for, as trying to back-track posts, can be frustrating - I can't find what my 50th thanks was for. Still. LOL.

Any forward on this guys?

Keep up the good work.

:cool:

Bump for this.

Been quite helpful recently; would be good to see what I'm getting thanked for, as trying to back-track posts, can be frustrating - I can't find what my 50th thanks was for. Still. LOL.

Any forward on this guys?

Keep up the good work.

:cool:

Unfortunately, this is more to do with the developers of these add ons releasing newer versions compatible with VB4. If they've released a patched version, then all being well we can get the search function back. I'll see if Al can look into this.

The thanks thing needs removing, it's completely pointless as everyone abuses it.

The thanks thing needs removing, it's completely pointless as everyone abuses it.

I do kind of agree with this, seeing at though there is no way you can search for thanked threads it makes it pointless.

There's also the fact that new people just thank you for writing in their thread....as Neily said, it has now lost it's point.

Now I think a "Like/dislike" button would be quite good. It doesn't need a tally or anything IMO.

Yeah. Agreed the likes, dislikes button would be a good idea. No need for a tally - but it's a good way to show and receive appreciation for members that like to use/abuse the thanks function for what it sometimes isn't designed for.

Good point re: Thanks being searchable - it's currently not serving the purpose it was design for.

The thanks button is just a like button to me now, however i still do use it if I genuinely want to thank someone for some useful info.

The one thing that is good on this forum and doesn't need removing is the visitor messages, that's cool as fcuk.

Is there any reason why the option to 'Thanks' my posts has been removed?

It appears to be just me, was it something I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back