• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New to type r

Hi guys thanks for having me on the forum. I run one also so know how hard it can be looking after it and keeping idiots out. I have just bought an 08 Civic Type r gt. Love the car but have a few questions:

1. I don't have the sat nav and want a hands free kit. Is it best to go back to honda or get an aftermarket one e.g Parrot
2. Sales guy told me my car had xenon head lights but i don't seem to think it has as there is no front washer jets so am confused.
3. And finally who are the cheapest insurance company about as my best quote is £1250. Thank you all in advance. :)

I was under the impression that the GT came with headlight washers, it was standard with the GT's...Neil?

I was under the impression that the GT came with headlight washers, it was standard with the GT's...Neil?

Only MY09 GT's which have xenons as standard have headlight washers, and CW models.

EDIT: The above is for UK cars only.

:oops::oops: I dont though...

P7210526.jpg

P7210527.jpg

Don't think you can tell just by looking at them on picture. Best thing to do is, put your lights on when dark. First you will see your side lights, they will look like usual lights. Then turn on main beam - the colour of the lights are sharper, almost blue colour. If the colour stays the same on main beam then you don't have xenons. Hope this helps.

The difference between normal headlights and xenons is massive, you'd know if you had them.

I think you've got them mate.

I'm going on the assumption that the parrallellogram'ed shapes underneath each headlight (on the bumper) are the washers/washer housings - I don't have the xenons, but I also don't have those raised parrallelograms :D but have seen those on other xenons'ed up stock MY09 Type-R's. Don't shoot me down if I'm wrong though :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you've got them mate.

I'm going on the assumption that the parrallellogram'ed shapes underneath each headlight (on the bumper) are the washers/washer housings - I don't have the xenons, but I also don't have those raised parrallelograms :D but have seen those on other xenons'ed up stock MY09 Type-R's. Don't shoot me down if I'm wrong though :D

Just because it has headlamp washers doesn't mean it has xenons.

IMO if he had them he wouldn't be asking us.

Don't think you can tell just by looking at them on picture. Best thing to do is, put your lights on when dark. First you will see your side lights, they will look like usual lights. Then turn on main beam - the colour of the lights are sharper, almost blue colour. If the colour stays the same on main beam then you don't have xenons. Hope this helps.

I got xenons...

EDIT: I'll finish my post! I dug out my quote from Honda...
"Xenon-Scheinwerfer mit autom. Leuchtweitenregulierung" - Loosely translated means "xenons with washer jobbies & automatic beam height adjusting thingy"

EDIT #2: I'm such a forking noob, I'm going home to study the manuals!

I got xenons...

EDIT: I'll finish my post! I dug out my quote from Honda...
"Xenon-Scheinwerfer mit autom. Leuchtweitenregulierung" - Loosely translated means "xenons with washer jobbies & automatic beam height adjusting thingy"

EDIT #2: I'm such a forking noob, I'm going home to study the manuals!

I take it you driven it in the dark then?

Just because it has headlamp washers doesn't mean it has xenons.

IMO if he had them he wouldn't be asking us.

True mate, but the headlamp washers so far as I know, in respect to FN CTR's, are only included if the car has Xenons from stock - It's not an 'option' so to speak.

I suppose, if you really wanted them you could specifically ask for the washers when you buy the car, to run with just normal headlights - but seeing as he weren't sure whether he had Xenon's or not, I think it's safe to rule this one out. :lol: Plus doing something like that, would just be dumb - to specifically ask for just washers without the Xenon's, IMO - given that many peoples preference tends to be the Xenons.

Welcome

Very nice car you have there. The wheels look soo Cool.

That's not the OP's car. :lol:

I take it you driven it in the dark then?

Well yeah, but I dont get out the car to specifically look at the headlights :p

And remember I drive in a land dominated by Audis, Mercs, BMW's & VW's...they all have uber bright lights. Now and again you might spot the odd Alfa with one light broken and the other pointing directly into the face of oncoming traffic. Sometimes you will even spot a Fiat Panda with its crappy dynamo lights, but its pretty much a xenon nation so I wouldnt spot the difference!

Welcome

Very nice car you have there. The wheels look soo Cool.

That's not the OP's car. :lol:[/QUOTE said:
Yes sorry, I do seem to have hijacked this poor chaps introductory thread! apologies.

I hate the standard FN2 wheels, so Honda sorted me out with an extra set!
Standards have got winter tyres on themm, they go on this weekend...gutted.:mad:

True mate, but the headlamp washers so far as I know, in respect to FN CTR's, are only included if the car has Xenons from stock - It's not an 'option' so to speak.

I suppose, if you really wanted them you could specifically ask for the washers when you buy the car, to run with just normal headlights - but seeing as he weren't sure whether he had Xenon's or not, I think it's safe to rule this one out. :lol: Plus doing something like that, would just be dumb - to specifically ask for just washers without the Xenon's, IMO - given that many peoples preference tends to be the Xenons.

Its nothing to do with asking for them, it depends on what country the car is to be sold in. Different specs for different markets.

Well yeah, but I dont get out the car to specifically look at the headlights :p

But you do look out of the windscreen don't you? :?

Back