• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R Owners INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Chris Knott Insurance

Approved Trader
If for any reason you can't contact us by phone, you could always email your quote to us.

We prefer people to ring us for a quote but if your car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days, please feel free to complete the questions below, then copy & paste, then email to [email protected], who will contact you with the quote.

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover (though 25 for some cars), & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

1.WE WILL ONLY QUOTE IF YOUR CAR INSURANCE RENEWAL DATE IS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR EMAIL,
2.PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW,
3.COPY & PASTE ALL THE TEXT FROM 'NAME OF CLUB' DOWN TO THE BOTTOM
4.EMAIL THIS TO [email protected]
5.WE WILL RING YOU BACK WITH THE QUOTE. (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING WITHIN 24 HOURS, PLEASE RING US AS WE INTEND TO LEAVE MESSAGES & SEND EMAILS SAYING WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU).

Here you go - (if at all possible, can you reply in CAPITALS and different font/colour please?)

NAME OF CLUB : TYPE R OWNERS
CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: 983

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)

Home postcode

Mobile number

Daytime number

Vehicle registration number

Make & full model of car

CC

Year of manufacture

Value of car

Registered Keeper
Registered Owner

Where vehicle kept overnight

Number of seats

Date of purchase of car
(If less than 12 months ownership, please
give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted

Modifications

RHD or LHD

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT)

Renewal date

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy
(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required if full NCB – yes or no

Who is driving
For ALL drivers –

Male or female

Date of birth

How long lived in UK

How long held a full UK licence

Occupation plus any part time jobs

Business nature of your job

Employed or self-employed

Marital status

Total miles per annum

Use of car – commuting or business use
If business use (if so, what specifically)

Homeowner

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years
Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened

Any convictions within 5 years
Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban

Disabilities notified to DVLA

How many cars in family

Postcode where car kept overnight

Renewal quote
Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

Best quote
Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can
be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Type R Owners insurance scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

Hi to all!

The owners of this forum have been in discussion with Chris Knott Insurance about offering an insurance scheme for its registered users. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk - has been looking after the insurance needs of car club members for just under 30 years so we should understand your requirements!

The scheme is for available to both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and performance increases up to 100bhp.

It starts for ages 30 and over, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that car.

Alternatively, (as at 01/10/2012) you can now be 25+ with 24 months' experience of driving the car or one of similar performance or 30+ with one year's experience.

Unfortunately, we have found that the scheme is not competitive on any M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and it excludes Northern Ireland - sorry.

Insurers won't allow any more than 1x SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver.

The minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover, so please don’t ring if your quote is less than this!

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people are happy with our consistent pricing & experienced, reliable customer and claims service. We don't just sign you up cheap in year 1 and hike the premiums at renewal for the sake of it.

We'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have.

To find out how much you could save please call us FREE at renewal on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 for mobiles) - don't forget to quote the reference found in our signature below. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call!

Last edited by a moderator:
in the past when i had civics and even saxos in my youth i was with chris knotts for about 5 years. a great insurance company.

Just put in a call & awaiting one back. Just renewed today with Admiral for £670, lets see if it can be beaten. About 20 insurance companies have failed so far.

Car breakdown cover

We’re pleased to announce the launch of Chris Knott Breakdown Cover to our car club/forum partners.

This high-quality, reliable cover is a fraction of the cost of RAC or AA cover and offers more benefits.

The price for full UK breakdown cover is £54.50 and major benefits include:
• Mechanical breakdown cover
• Recovery home or original destination if repairs cannot be carried out at roadside
• Accident or vandalism cover
• Fire, theft or attempted theft cover
• Flat battery, loss or breakage of keys cover
• Lack of fuel cover
• Accidental damage to tyres cover including punctures for motorcycles
• SMS text messaging service to mobile phone callers advising them of ETA of our operator
All the above benefits are available under the "Home Start" cover if the breakdown occurs at the Customer's home.

Please see
http://www.ckinsurance.co.uk/docs/ChrisKnottBreakdown.pdf for full details.

Cover is available at your breakdown renewal (which means you don't even have to be insured with us!) or to run in-line with your Chris Knott car insurance renewal date, and is underwritten by Brit Insurance Ltd.

Do you cover imports (DC5)?

Not due for renewal just quite yet but a lot of companies don't so thought I would ask.

No Manchester :(

Or Oldham either... This really used to hack me off when i had my Type R... and that was 4 yrs ago! Can't believe its still the same now... i tried numerous companies and they all said no as soon as you quote "M" or "OL".
I live in the sticks in saddleworth but still get tarnished because of the stupid "blanket ban" on postcodes.

Can someone explain... There's more to a postcode than just the first 2 letters! :?

Or Oldham either... This really used to hack me off when i had my Type R... and that was 4 yrs ago! Can't believe its still the same now... i tried numerous companies and they all said no as soon as you quote "M" or "OL".
I live in the sticks in saddleworth but still get tarnished because of the stupid "blanket ban" on postcodes.

Can someone explain... There's more to a postcode than just the first 2 letters! :?

Unfortunately it's all to do with claims statistics.

An inordinately high number of claims come from these postcodes, simple as that. It's not a case of a few points higher but a much greater percentage than the norm.
The insurers did actually tinker with individual postcodes but it didn't work sadly. I suppose 'once bitten, twice shy'.

The scheme would just not exist if the insurers included these postcodes because of the losses that these have historically caused.

Explanation of phone system changes
to improve call handling.
Just to let you know that we’ll shortly be improving our phone system so that you’ll find out sooner if all our operators are busy. This rarely happens now as we've added more staff but this is for the odd occasions when it may do.
At the moment, if the whole quoting team is engaged, customers get through to a receptionist who takes down a phone number and we call the customer back. The downside is that, when we ring back, it’s either not convenient for them to talk or we get voicemail.
So to improve things and increase your chances of getting through to us first time, we’ll no longer take down numbers for call-backs. Rather than keeping you holding, we’ll tell you earlier that we’re busy and ask you to call back when it’s most convenient to you.
That’ll save your time and your phone bill (unless you’re already saving by using our 0800 number) and we’ll be able to handle more calls first time round because we won’t have quote staff tied up ringing other customers back.
We’ll monitor how well it works over the coming weeks and make any changes as necessary.

Back