• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R Owners INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

The problem was that for under 25's on CTR's, the insurers were paying out £147 for every £100 they took in which is of course unsustainable.

I tried calling for a quote today, twice the person on the phone couldn't hear me so I ended the call, third time I was put on hold as soon as the phone rang so I gave up after waiting 5 minutes on hold.

I'll try again in a few days time...

Sorry about that. Must be a blip in the phone system. I'm in the office today and i can see people are on the phone though some are free!

Sorry about that. Must be a blip in the phone system. I'm in the office today and i can see people are on the phone though some are free!

Called again today and got through first time, I'm pleased with the repayment schedule offered, it seems quite reasoneble. You will be hearing from me soon :)

Please note that we have moved to modern premises in Hastings, East Sussex, specifically designed around the current and future needs of the business and considering the fact that we have taken on quite a few more staff.
The new postal details for Chris Knott Insurance will be:
Chris Knott Insurance
5th Floor
Cavendish House
Breeds Place
Hastings
East Sussex
TN34 3AA

Our quote line number won’t change – you can still call us FREE on 0800 917 2274 for your no-obligation quote – remember to quote your unique club/forum code (mobiles can call 01424 200477).

As well as new premises, we have recently invested heavily in technology that will reduce the amount of paper we use and store. The overall aim of these improvements is to enhance operations and therefore offer members an even better service.

I am not 25, but i just wanted to know what my insurance would be on a CTR (2004 model) i am 21, about to graduate from university and have had my license since 17 and have always been a named driver on my parents car. I can understand why there is a high premium for these type of cars, but when i work in the City, i want a car that i dont drive often, but when i drive it i want that exciting feeling. Im not sure if its relevant but i live in London so will be only driving on weekends to do shopping etc.

quotes i have had are about 2.8k!

I am not 25, but i just wanted to know what my insurance would be on a CTR (2004 model) i am 21, about to graduate from university and have had my license since 17 and have always been a named driver on my parents car. I can understand why there is a high premium for these type of cars, but when i work in the City, i want a car that i dont drive often, but when i drive it i want that exciting feeling. Im not sure if its relevant but i live in London so will be only driving on weekends to do shopping etc.

quotes i have had are about 2.8k!

Hard for us to say Vincent as the scheme starts at 25 on CTR's. Sorry.

ahh never mind lol, i think i may as well get a cooperS for my first car. i think insurance is such a waste of money if nothing happens. but i guess its a precaution -_-

Hi

Although on average nearly 1 in every 2 people who get a quote from us take out a policy, the number of people who ring us is quite low compared to the amount of registered users.

I realise that there are certain age and postcode limitations as stated in my original post in this thread (which are there to protect the scheme for the majority due to the high claims loss ratio's within these categories) but I would encourage you to give us a call if your car (or home, breakdown) insurance is due.

Our reputation hopefully precedes us based on the amount of grateful comments received.

Please ring free on 0800 917 2274 (mobiles can ring 01424 200477) and just state the club reference number found in my signature below, or in my original post.

I'll be calling within the next month too, when my existing policy is up for renewel. Really hope it goes down this year. :D

Do you think you guys would be likely to beat Admiral for an 18 year old driving a 1.4L 206 Sport? My insurance isn't due for ages, but I just tried to phone to no avail.

Was going to get a quote but as I work 9-5 and can not call from work, do not have time to call using my mobile at lunch. You are closed Saturday, do not have an online quote facility, made it impossible for me to make contact :-(

Tim,

Thanks for the info and quick response, bit long winded, but filled in and sent...fingers crossed.

Hi, just wondering if this was possible because, i want third party fire and theft (which is possible if you are over 19) i have had a quote from admiral for 864 (on multi-car) does anyone think that Chris could beat it?

a little about myself: 21, recent graduate, likely to work in investment banking, living London, have no no claims, will have mother on as second driver who will probably drive it more than me, i am likely to drive mostly on weekends, car parked on drive, mother is 46, have someone under 16 in my house too.

i went on the website but it says that you have to call? but just wanted to know approx. savings (if there are any)

Hi, just wondering if this was possible because, i want third party fire and theft (which is possible if you are over 19) i have had a quote from admiral for 864 (on multi-car) does anyone think that Chris could beat it?

a little about myself: 21, recent graduate, likely to work in investment banking, living London, have no no claims, will have mother on as second driver who will probably drive it more than me, i am likely to drive mostly on weekends, car parked on drive, mother is 46, have someone under 16 in my house too.

i went on the website but it says that you have to call? but just wanted to know approx. savings (if there are any)

You have to have at least 1+ years NCB on our scheme. Sorry.

Well spent some time filling in all the details you require, emailed in as you suggested and guess what...? Nothing no reply.

Great service, thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back