• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Om nom....

Sdc11518.jpg

Group N map going on tomorrow, saving for a map at TDi-North now. :lol:

Edit: Group N has full throttle V-tec at 3,800rpm, half throttle at 5,400 rpm and rev limiter at 8,600 rpm. It is mental!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bet you can't wait man. :cool:

Absolutely, it's a pretty phenominal change already.

Extract about the Flashpro and Group N map from Civinfo, I can't say it better except that I manned up and loaded the map on myself (it is on the software already...) :
guitaralmond said:
Hello!! GA here... Yes I've been busy and have come back from TDI with Flashpro!! just to clarify I've had the Group N map installed which is the same as the old Hondata ECU which has done the rounds. I got Paul at TDI to fit it for me and watching him made it look so easy, installation if you know what you are doing can take a matter of minutes. Simple -

Buy Flashpro
Connect to computer
Download Group N Map from hondata
Load to Flashpro device
Plug Flashpro into OBD port in car, which is located under steering wheel
Load from Flashpro to car
Unplug Flashpro store somewhere (no the car doesnt need it anymore!!!)
Vtec 3,800, rev limit 8,600 & launch control awaits!

The Vtec window is brilliant, 70mph in 6th gear is a breeze now with no changeups needed! Ive found that my economy has gone up 20% because instead of revving to 8,000rpm I just vtec at 3,800rpm then change before original vtec, the pace of the car is plenty at this rpm. The 8,600 rev limit allows 60mph in second gear which for stat whores means faster 0-60mph.

Talking about 0-60, this stat I think is the most improved out of all coming from the device. Now in first from 0 just get to 3,500rpm and the car FIRES you out like a Rocket (note capital usage), not forgetting launch control which I havent really tested yet but Im sure is a worthwhile addition.

DBW seems to have dissappeared now, before you would have a slight hesitation if you floor the car, especially low in the rev range. Now its really pick up and go. The cars feel has transformed.

Something I have noticed is Vtec comes in in 2nd gear at 30mph which is going to be hard to keep legal and under control in my opinion. When I get it mapped by TDi-North I'm going to try and get the Vtec point set a bit higher than 3,800! :oops:

Surely you wouldn't be casually cruising with the revs at 3800 anyway? If you're up that high, generally you're trying to shift along pretty sharpish.

Surely you wouldn't be casually cruising with the revs at 3800 anyway? If you're up that high, generally you're trying to shift along pretty sharpish.

If you are at part throttle vtec only comes in at 5400, but moving off from a stand-still pretty sharpish you get a surge much lower down than before. I'll get used to it and I'm sure it will make sense as soon as I can get it on a B-road.

So you have bought this, but you are having a remap done anyway?

Not 100% sure what you mean bud?

With the FN2 you basically have two options, a replacement ecu or the Flashpro to reflash the standard ecu.

I've bought the Flashpro which comes with several standard maps, one of which is the Group N map which confusingly you can also buy on a replacement standalone ecu.

I've used the Flashpro module to reflash my car's existing ecu with the Group N map. TDi will then use the same Flashpro module to map my car just like you would with a Kpro only that the map is copied from the module onto the car's ecu and you unplug the Flashpro when it's all done!

So I needed this Flashpro module to get it mapped by TDi anyway. :smt023

Not 100% sure what you mean bud?

With the FN2 you basically have two options, a replacement ecu or the Flashpro to reflash the standard ecu.

I've bought the Flashpro which comes with several standard maps, one of which is the Group N map which confusingly you can also buy on a replacement standalone ecu.

I've used the Flashpro module to reflash my car's existing ecu with the Group N map. TDi will then use the same Flashpro module to map my car just like you would with a Kpro only that the map is copied from the module onto the car's ecu and you unplug the Flashpro when it's all done!

So I needed this Flashpro module to get it mapped by TDi anyway. :smt023

Oh I see now, I thought you bought this to remap it because you couldn't wait for TDi to work their magic on it :lol:

I've used sumo power before and had to wait. I think they just buy stuff from japan when you order

Phoned Sumo Power this morning and 3 weeks after they took payment the HKS RSK is still on back order.

Spoke to Paul at TDi-North and they have some in stock so picking one up tomorrow! :smt023

Canceled my order with Sumo Power and to their credit they have refunded me already.

Looking forward to seeing the results. You still running a stock mani, or is that part of the exhaust system you're buying too?

I've just got back from a lunchtime dash to TDi-North to pick up a HKS Racing Suction Kit! :D/

TDi had some in stock. Better price than Sumo Power too. :smt023

Fitting at the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing the results. You still running a stock mani, or is that part of the exhaust system you're buying too?

For now I'm sticking with the stock manifold. Money and easy MOTs FTW are my motivation!

I'm hoping I will settle down for a bit after this, though I've got some springs in mind.... it never ends.

I'm hoping I will settle down for a bit after this, though I've got some springs in mind.... it never ends.

That's like me, I'm happy with what I've got and see something and think oo that'll be nice

It's sounding like your FN2 is coming on leaps and bounds recently, good work

Took me an hour and my back is killing me now from being leant over the bonnet. It is really, really fiddly! :lol:

Sdc11531.jpg

I'll have a rest and have my tea, then I'll get a how-to up later tonight. Not that hard really but pictures might help someone visualise what needs doing etc. :rolleyes:

Edit: Mini-guide here -> Click me

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of this one. - where does it get the clean cool air from?

Taken for a spin yet?

Never heard of this one. - where does it get the clean cool air from?

Taken for a spin yet?

Gets its cold air from the stock cold air feed. Not been out yet... spending some time with the missus as she is going out tonight.

Sdc11527.jpg

Yeah whats it like in terms of power and how does it sound?? Looks awesome though!

Paul at TDi-North puts it up there with the Gruppe M and Mugen Airbox in terms of gains once it is mapped, but obviously it doesn't get as much cold air so may make a bit less.

Still it does have a cold feed, so not supposed to suffer the dreaded heatsoak the same as some of the others. Not supposed to have any flatspots either.

Getting the wife to do an in car vid tonight when I'm taking her to meet her girlfriends.

Did you manage to get a video of her girlfriends?

Or did I intentially misread that.

I am not too sure on the cold air situation. Yes there is a piece of plastic going from the outside, to about 6 inches awat from the filter, but it does look a bit... blocked?

Maybe just my mechanical breathing incompetence.

Did you manage to get a video of her girlfriends?

Or did I intentially misread that.

I am not too sure on the cold air situation. Yes there is a piece of plastic going from the outside, to about 6 inches awat from the filter, but it does look a bit... blocked?

Maybe just my mechanical breathing incompetence.

:lol: :lol:

Went out this afternoon instead. This is a teaser vid, the main one is nearly a gig and needs cropping before I upload it.

[video=youtube;4zNt0LpxHso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zNt0LpxHso[/video]

Back