• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

image.php
image.php

:p

lol I should have folded the mirrors in!

Got a wee bit merry on the club belated Christmas do last night and got myself in front of ebay when I got home. :rolleyes:

So JDM key back, Spoon socks and Spoon Oil cap now en-route...

TypeR_Cover_2009_Jan.jpg

198966629_o.jpg

SpoonOilFillerCap.jpg

Got bored today and had a snoop round the car while it's not moving.

As suspected, the dealer service prior to delivery, being the 2 year service, turned out to be just an oil service. :smt119

They stamped the book so :-$

Used the excuse to order a K&N panel filter rather than an OEM one for the rediculous sum of £31 inc delivery from YBfilters on fleabay, used them before and seem OK. :smt023

For that price and considering I've got a K&N cleaning kit sat around, I'd be daft to get an OEM one!

Wouldn't expect any gains from this, and to be honest it'll probably be fitted before I move the car again, so doubt I'll notice the non difference! :p

Hoping the weather improves a bit now and it'll be going into Honda to have the parking sensors fitted next weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they didn't do a proper service I'd be getting that done before i did anything but thats just my OCD coming out I guess.

Glad you're happy with the new motor, looks lovely.

If they didn't do a proper service I'd be getting that done before i did anything but thats just my OCD coming out I guess.

Glad you're happy with the new motor, looks lovely.

Cheers! :smt023

I don't think there's much else to the two year service, obviously visual checks but they'll be done at Honda in 9 months when I take it in for a service before the warranty runs out. ;)

The 2 year/25k mile service is the same as an EP3, valve clearance, pollen filters, air filters ect, i.e. a big one...

The 2 year/25k mile service is the same as an EP3, valve clearance, pollen filters, air filters ect, i.e. a big one...

Cheers Neil,

I'll get the pollen filters and clearances looked at when I get the sensors done!

Actually drove it today... Half a mile each way to the 2nd job...

Some pics in the snow. When the snow clears I'll get it cleaned and take some proper pictures.

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

I know, do they actually work? That's the only reason I think I'd consider keeping them. They do nothing for the aesthetics!
I actually do drive mine on mud and gravel etc and very little of it goes up the sides. Get rid of them, by Friday.

I actually do drive mine on mud and gravel etc and very little of it goes up the sides. Get rid of them, by Friday.

:p :p :p

If the snow clears, I don't much fancy getting under it with snow and frozen fingers!!

Just ordered a pollen filter of fleabay for £15.99 delivered. Cheers for the help Neil. I'm going to get the manual out tonight and have a good read!! :lol:

Cheers for the help Neil. I'm going to get the manual out tonight and have a good read!! :lol:

I've only just found today that you can set the journey time in the computer to auto reset when you switch the ignition off. :)

You can set trip A to automatically reset when you refuel!

You can set trip A to automatically reset when you refuel!

Yeah I knew about that, set it when I got it. :) Also switched off the vtec indicator as its gay. Shift lights are pretty good though could be brighter....

Yeah I knew about that, set it when I got it. :) Also switched off the vtec indicator as its gay. Shift lights are pretty good though could be brighter....

My Vtec indicator was off when I drove it home. I found it on the menu the other day and turned it back on but didn't get the car warm enough on the drive round the club this morning...

Jayne turned the shift lights off on her FK2 but they do make more sense in the FN2.

Spoon bling arrived today except that the amateur sent a rad cap instead of an oil cap...

Not impressed type email sent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back