• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Have you thought about having the mudflaps sprayed John?

I reckon on a light coloured car they make sense, you dont get half the tar spots on the sills and bottom of the doors.

Either that or keep them on til spring. ;) Re-fit late autumn.

Have you thought about having the mudflaps sprayed John?

I reckon on a light coloured car they make sense, you dont get half the tar spots on the sills and bottom of the doors.

Either that or keep them on til spring. ;) Re-fit late autumn.

Mmm, hadn't thought of that. I think I'll be keeping them on while there's all this salt about.

I'll ask Honda for a price while I'm there for the parking sensors. Booked in for 23rd of this month.

K&N Panel Filter arrived today ( Part #33-2948 ).

2 minute job, three clips and it was in. Much quicker than on the EP3 with about 7-8 screws! :p

Noticable induction noise when stood outside the car now but the FN2 does have a fair bit to begin with.

Used YBFilters off of fleabay, £31.35 inc postage and VAT at time of posting. Top service. :smt023

Last edited by a moderator:
how you finding the change Loxy? (EP to FN)

I agree, the FN sounds so much nicer than the EP, which sounds lke it's about to blow, particularly up the range.

how you finding the change Loxy? (EP to FN)

I agree, the FN sounds so much nicer than the EP, which sounds lke it's about to blow, particularly up the range.

Overall I am pleased with the new car.

The third gear issue that some FN2s seem to suffer with, I've got, which I'm going to get fixed over the next few weeks on warranty. So that's taken the shine off it a bit.

The engine is taking some getting used to as well. It doesn't seem to respond as quickly as the K20a2 when taking your foot off the accelerator, so it sounds a bit wierd when you're getting up to speed from a stand still, but I'll get used to that. I suppose the up shot of that is a smoother experience when going from the accelerator to the brake.

Overall the car feels like it rides better than the EP3, and as for the comment "even if you're used to sleeping on the floor at parties and being stabbed" yes Clarkson you are just being a fat old man... :p I know what car I've bought and if I wanted a car that didn't let me know that I'd changed road surface from the feeling through the seat I would have bought a Mondeo or a Vectra.

The ice has only just really cleared so I've not been driving the FN2 like I did the EP3 yet. The standard brakes are definitely better though, and there are so many toys in it compared to the EP3, it makes the EP3 seem like a really old car to sit in by comparison, not that the EP3 was bad at all.

In the FN2 they've given you the DC5 style pedals, start button, red carpets and mats, leather gear gaitor, mp3 CD, shift lights, Vtec light etc, so they have looked at what people were doing with the EP3.

The seats are much more snug in the FN2 as well. If I put on any more weight I might struggle with them to be honest! :rolleyes:

I think when the weather clears up and the third gear is fixed I'll know for sure if I've made the right choice.

Some more update pics. Bits have arrived and so I've fitted some. The Spoon oil cap is still in transit so will go on when it arrives.

Forum graphics, cheers Mook! :smt023 The silver is an almost exact match to the paintwork.

Sdc10046.jpg

Sdc10047.jpg

Spoon socks, don't do much in reality but at least I've got Spoon on my sig again! :p

Sdc10048.jpg

General engine bay shot, could do with a clean if I'm being honest, but still by far the cleanest engine bay I've owned!

Sdc10052.jpg

Looked good last night! Hope you get the 3rd gear issue sorted without any problems.
The Spoon N1 should be going on today after a bit of a polish.
Thanks again John.
:smt023

Bit more bling arrived today.

Honda part number for reference 35114-S6M-Q11, no idea if they are available from Honda UK.
Sdc10055.jpg

Off with the old...
Sdc10056.jpg

On with the new...
Sdc10057.jpg

Looks mint! ;)
Sdc10059.jpg

Last bit of engine bling arrived today:

Sdc10060-1.jpg

Time to save up for some more serious mods now... :lol:

Parking sensors fitted today. £250 inc VAT from Gordons Honda in Wigan.

Have them on my wife's Civic EX and I think they are great, especially with the spoiler.

Sdc10075.jpg

Good news is that they have test driven it and have admitted first time that it has the 3rd gear issue :smt038.

So the report has been sent off to Honda for the warranty claim and the new cog and linkage should arrive in about a week, so they'll ring me when it all arrives.

I will get a courtesy car while it is in too as it will take a minimum of two days. It'll probably be a Jazz but better than nothing.

Also getting the mudflaps body coloured while it is in for the new cog. He didn't give me a price because the aftersales manager will have to quote me and he wasn't there today.

If you ask how to change them all you'll get from me is RTFM. ;) :p

I was just going to Google what RTFM meant and I was thinking it's no biggie, I'll just read the manual. Penny dropped! :lol:

Sometimes I think I should have been blonde...

Back