• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Bit of an update and statement of intent really.

I'll post some pics of the before and after with the Silver Visions when they arrive and I've something else in the pipeline with another forum member that I will post pics of when it's done.

However, I've taken a bit of spending money cut, taking one for the team so to speak in trying to save up and take the wifey on holiday at the end of this year. So might not be modding as quick as I thought.

That said, packed lunches ahoy and some serious saving of what is left for:

• FRSU at TDI-North - the parts for the FN2 are reasonable inexpensive so I believe, so this may be done reasonably quickly.
  • Toda Cat Back - Looks like a good system, but should take a while to save for
  • Toda 4-2-1 mani - Will go well with the cat back but I would want to get this done at the same time as...
  • Remap/flash - This will be well into next year and I'm not 100% clear on what is available for the FN2. Like the idea of a reprogrammable ECU like a K-Pro, but get the impression FN2s are all about the re-flash. :confused:
  • Some sort of brakes up-rating - This may be better pads on stock disks and may happen in due course of replacing pads anyhow! Possibly braided hoses etc, but will take advice nearer the time.
I was really up for fitting an LSD and may change my mind if the remap makes a big difference, but I'm not getting wild wheelspin out of corners like I used to in the EP3. Maybe it's the VSA but I'm sure I'm not seeing the orange triangle on the dash that often.

I'm also pretty happy with the stock airbox. It seems to have a good cold-air feed and seems to suck hard enough now the K&N Panel filter is in it.

Another thing that may hit these plans is that I work for Local Government who have pretty much just said I'll be getting a 0% pay rise in April (not sure many people will be getting a rise to be honest) and we are all in the middle of an equal pay review, which by the sounds of it will favour some of the part time, lower paid workers rather than the people sat in the offices. That's the price you pay for a bit more job security and a decent pension.

That said, we'll find out in March what the new pay scale will be, and if I'm a winner or loser. It is supposed to take into account market factors and industry standards of pay so I might be worrying over nothing... That said if it is bad, people will leave. Then there will be jobs above me to apply for so I'm not too disheartened by it all! :p

If this thread goes quiet you'll know which way it's gone! ;)

:lol: Looks like some very good plans in the pipeline - with quality parts too. I think you're right in regard to the FN2 and a FRSU - the kit is relatively in expensive, when I looked at getting it down - don't quote me, but the rear shims weren't as expensive as the rear camber kit for the EP3.. I don't think there was too much of a price difference for the camber bolts up front.

I look forward to seeing this develop - Toda's always a win.

Fitting the Silver Visions in the morning and will put up some nice before and after pics.

Just reserved some Meguiars Nxt Generation Car Wash and Meguiars Nxt Generation Tech Car Wax. :smt047

If I get chance to give it a quick clean I'll be happy though... I'm back working as assistant manager at the second job, so I'm on a 70 hour week again which means working all day Sunday. :(

Still more money for mods... or paying for the shocking amout of £££ the Meguiars stuff cost! :eek:

Got up nice and early this morning.

Replaced pollen filter that was missed on the last service (see up the thread).

Good job I checked, filthy as....

Sdc10076.jpg

Next the Silver Visions (Original on left, comparison to Silver Vision on right).

Sdc10080.jpg

Unclip cover, two bolts later and the unit pops out:

Sdc10079.jpg

Before on left, after on right - reflection of red-brick house in the lens probably doesn't do it justice!! :lol::

Sdc10077.jpg

Sdc10078.jpg

Still got a nice bright illumination!

Sdc10083.jpg

Oh got the Megs stuff:

Sdc10104.jpg

Not a fan of the 'Wideboy' naming but it comes recommended.

I'm going to wait until after it's been in for the third gear warranty issue, because no doubt it'll come back from Honda after being jet washed to within an inch of it's life and probably hours will have blasted away!! :rolleyes:

NXT Shampoo is mega, one of those bottles last about 2 years, you only need 2 good blobs in the bucket.

Indicators look 8)

Booked into Honda for the 22nd to get third gear done.

Looking forward to being in a Jizz for a few days... :ghey:

Gave the car it's first wash really since getting it.

The paint doesn't seem quite as bad as I thought as it has come up with quite a good shine. It does have the usual number of stone chips on the bonnet but it's started raining so I'm not looking at them today. The rain isn't beading either so it needs a good seeing to, so to speak but polish and rain don't mix so it'll have to wait! :(

It's also had some paint repair on the rear bumper, right on the corner of where it meets the hatch and also at the rear lower skirt, like someone's dropped something out of the boot. It's only noticeable if you look for it and both areas are plastic so no rust but I'll just have to watch for peeling. :rolleyes:

Also the "Type R" badge on the grill that was the old shape R is no more... It was a stick on by the previous owner and it didn't match the rear so it's gone for a cleaner look!

Got it back from the dealers today after having the third gear replaced.

So far, so good! :rolleyes:

Absythne + ebay =

e1020987.jpg

Not sure if I like it yet, but will see... :rolleyes:

Also maybe not to everyone's taste but it looks better in real life than it does on the pics! :p

It's an internal decal, you take the light strip out from inside the hatch and it sticks onto the light unit before you pop it back in.

3735e7e8.jpg

Overall look...

d6fbfcea.jpg

Not keen on the generic Civinfo brake light either John.

Have you seen the centre brake light on the MY09 cars? It's a proper strip of LED's, that could be worth a conversion if its a straight swap....

Not sure on the brake light though. Brave move though.

Not too keen on the rear brake light if I'm honest John.

Not keen on the generic Civinfo brake light either John.

:lol:

That's a general consensus then! Do you all think it just looks a bit :ymca: or a bit :chav:

Maybe it's one of those things you've got to see to appreciate it. :confused:

When I showed the wife she thought it was brilliant but stopped short of asking me to get a "Civic" one for hers...

Have you seen the centre brake light on the MY09 cars? It's a proper strip of LED's, that could be worth a conversion if its a straight swap....

I would imagine it will be a straight swap, the unit screws straight onto the hatch metal so unless they've redesigned that it should go straight on. Only thing that could be different would be the power plug but there'd be no reason to change it.

Have you seen a pic Neily? Pictures of FN2s with their brake lights on seem to be like rocking horse $£!%!

I would imagine it will be a straight swap, the unit screws straight onto the hatch metal so unless they've redesigned that it should go straight on. Only thing that could be different would be the power plug but there'd be no reason to change it.

Have you seen a pic Neily? Pictures of FN2s with their brake lights on seem to be like rocking horse $£!%!

No i haven't, I've only seen one once in real life, they do look good though 8)

No i haven't, I've only seen one once in real life, they do look good though 8)

Next time I see one on the road I'll have to have a look.

I'm just getting bored saving up for the FRSU and fancied playing about with some decals! :rolleyes:

Less is probably more!

I just think it's a bit chavey. Sort of thing you would probably find on a focus.

Don't know to you try these things though.

I just think it's a bit chavey. Sort of thing you would probably find on a focus.

Don't know to you try these things though.

That's true, and I keep saying to the wife, 'Don't knock it till you've tried it!'

It'll stay for a bit. At least you'll only see it the 0.002% of the time while I'm actually on the brakes. You can't see it when the light isn't lit, and it'll only take 10 minutes and an alcohol rub to take it off! :lol:

Gonna bugger the money and stick the FRSU on the tick. Phoning up tomorrow to book in for next week...

Gonna bugger the money and stick the FRSU on the tick. Phoning up tomorrow to book in for next week...

:lol:

It's booked in but not for this week.

Paul at TDi-North says they've been mega busy so I'll have to wait. Booked in for first week in April! :smt023

Earthing Kit fitted courtesy of LeeH.

Lee is now making these for the FN2/FD2 so give him a shout if you would like one. Top bloke! :smt023

Sdc10255.jpg

JMR Battery strap to fit in with the blue theme, again top bloke! :smt023

I've got a red one for the FN2/FD2 going spare as well, if you are interested drop me a PM and I'll make an official For Sale thread for it.

Sdc10252.jpg

Also picked up this piece of original UK made JDM from wadkins14. It'll be going on as soon as the genuine faux 3M tape comes from Indonesia/Hong Kong/China i.e. ebay. :p

Sdc10256.jpg

Back