• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

I'd be interested to know if they make much difference to stock. Any idea how they fit in? Do they attach to existing points on the chassis / body, or do you need to start drilling holes?

I'd be interested to know if they make much difference to stock. Any idea how they fit in? Do they attach to existing points on the chassis / body, or do you need to start drilling holes?

I've not got them yet but I think the front one goes on top of the suspension top mounts, you've got to remove a plastic cover, the c-pillar brace goes on the swinging seat belt guide bolts and floor brace goes on the seat belt rail bolts.

Pretty easy I would expect though now I've said that they'll be a pig to fit! :lol:

I've not got them yet but I think the front one goes on top of the suspension top mounts, you've got to remove a plastic cover, the c-pillar brace goes on the swinging seat belt guide bolts and floor brace goes on the seat belt rail bolts.

Pretty easy I would expect though now I've said that they'll be a pig to fit! :lol:

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on progress to see how you get on with them.

They are easy enough to fit.

The C Pillar brace bolts into the rear seatbelt mountings and comes with various washers which pushes the seatbelt mount out to fit the brace mount on the same bolt.

SAM_0281.jpg

The floor bar comes with thicker washers again allowing the stock bolts to be used in the fitting.

SAM_0681.jpg

The front brace is a little more involved and does involve removing the scuttle panel so you can access the strut tops. All you need to do is trim a tiny piece of plastic and then everything clips back in.

SAM_0171.jpg

The upper part is yes. I've not bothered with the perspex bottom bit.

The upper part is yes. I've not bothered with the perspex bottom bit.
How is it with driving? Does it make viewing through rear mirror difficult? Is there any reason why you didn't get bottom half done, does it not look odd?

How is it with driving? Does it make viewing through rear mirror difficult? Is there any reason why you didn't get bottom half done, does it not look odd?

It's fine through the top part, it's not a very dark tint, it's perfect in the day time just taking off any glare and I get on with it fine at night time.

I've not had the lower part done because the tint film does not stick to the perspex and after a few weeks normally starts to come away. You can get a film called Fly Eyes that has been known to stick to it, but it doesn't bother me.

Look odd? I you can't really notice from outside the car because you can only really see parcel shelf through the lower section unless you hunker down low like on the first pic. Even then it doesn't look out of place as all you can see are the tinted side windows really.

Sdc12548.jpg

Sdc12545.jpg

This is the straight through view.

Sdc12547.jpg

It's fine through the top part, it's not a very dark tint, it's perfect in the day time just taking off any glare and I get on with it fine at night time.I've not had the lower part done because the tint film does not stick to the perspex and after a few weeks normally starts to come away. You can get a film called Fly Eyes that has been known to stick to it, but it doesn't bother me.Look odd? I you can't really notice from outside the car because you can only really see parcel shelf through the lower section unless you hunker down low like on the first pic. Even then it doesn't look out of place as all you can see are the tinted side windows really.
Sdc12548.jpg
Sdc12545.jpg
This is the straight through view.
Sdc12547.jpg
Thanks for the advice Lox, looking at getting it done Saturday so will let you know how it goes. The company I am going too offer a lifetime guarantee against any kind of peeling so might get the lower half done as well.

Thanks for the advice Lox, looking at getting it done Saturday so will let you know how it goes. The company I am going too offer a lifetime guarantee against any kind of peeling so might get the lower half done as well.

They might flat out refuse to guarantee the bottom bit, but go for it! Let me know how you get on! :smt023

Nice, must have taken an age. I don't think I even want to think about copying the idea. :lol:

It took me about 4 hours, Windows Movie Maker crashing twice so losing me about 5 minutes worth of work each time.

Then it took another couple of hours waiting for processing out to wmv and getting the output right so it would go on YouTube looking right, uploading to Youtube and their processing, then me ditching Youtube and putting it on Vimeo tonight. :lol:

Nice car mate, good choice on sierra leone sound-track love that song.. Should have left the vocals in it though ;) Just wanted to say thanks for you're HID fitting guide worked a treat at the weekend! Just think they need aligning now.. Is it somthing I can do or best left to a garage?

Nice car mate, good choice on sierra leone sound-track love that song.. Should have left the vocals in it though ;) Just wanted to say thanks for you're HID fitting guide worked a treat at the weekend! Just think they need aligning now.. Is it somthing I can do or best left to a garage?

Cheers!

Aye no worries about the guide. What makes you think they need adjusting though? I just set mine to 2 on the headlight adjustment. You did get H7R bulbs didn't you?

You can adjust them yourself, it's the allen key type adjuster on the top, but since you won't be able to accurately measure the adjustment I'd get a garage with the correct beam alignment template/equipment to do it if I'm honest.

The Sierra Leone track was just the one off the album, unless I've got some random version of the album. The first track is also Mt Eden, Beautiful Lies.

Yeah mate got the H7R bulbs also your recommendation. One seems to be a bit low that's all. I'll take it to a garage me thinks no point ****ing around for the sake of a fiver under the counter.

Back