• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance :oops:

Apologies in advance Mods' if this aint in the right section :oops:

I'm looking at getting a prem CTR around June (saving permitting) and have had a gander on a few insurance sites, but they all seem to be around the 1.2k mark! I wasn't expecting it to be cheap by any means but after driving for 3yrs, and doing my pass plus shortly after my test, I thought it would be a little bit cheaper?!
Has anyone got any recommendations of decent insurers? Or even tips to get it down a bit? I've looked into doing an advanced driving test but I'm not sure which insurers accept it to make a saving, certainly not direct line who I'm with now.
Cheers in advance for reading,
Scott

How old are you mate and have you been insured on a performance car before?
First thing l'd try would be the comparison websites. To lower the premiums you'll have to bump up the excess. Also try adding a named driver that has a clean licence, years of experience and no claims (i.e. a parent).
The companies in the insurance section on here might be worth contacting but iirc you must be over 21 and they prefer at least a years experience with a performance car.
Best advice is shop around as there is usually an insurer that will want your business. Age and possibly postcode are what's going to effect the price you pay.
HTH.:D

Cheers Hippy :)
Forgot to mention age :oops: I'm 27 but not had a perfomance car before although sometimes I think my 1.2 corsa is one :oops: :lol:
Named driver idea sounds like a good one sure my old man won't mind :lol:
Suppose postcode won't help my efforts either though :oops:
Thanks for the info dude :) Hopefully get it under a grand with a bit of searching and I'll be happy!
Cheers,
Scott

I would of thought you could get insured a good deal cheaper than that at 27, must be poscode that's letting you down. When I was 27 I was paying around 650ish and I know premiums have been climbing over the last few years but 1200 quid seems ridiculous. There's bound to be a better deal than that about.

Yeah area aint exactly notting hill but it not too bad! Might try Bell for a quote as I've been looking through some posts and they seem to offer a good deal?! Does an advance driving course bring it a substancial amout or is it not worth the hassle?
Scott

im 26 4 years protected, £520 fc £150 excess

That better than mine I pay 550 fully comp with 400 quid excess and I'm older with a years more no claims. Who is that with if you don't mind me asking?
It all seems to be a bit of a lottery also I think insurance companies target specific poscodes as all my family and friends are getting best quotes from Liverpool Victoria at the moment.

I might try swift though as i dont have any plans to mod my prem when i get it........well not anytime soon anyway ;)
Gonna have a shoofties now. Report and quote to follow :eek:

That better than mine I pay 550 fully comp with 400 quid excess and I'm older with a years more no claims. Who is that with if you don't mind me asking?
It all seems to be a bit of a lottery also I think insurance companies target specific poscodes as all my family and friends are getting best quotes from Liverpool Victoria at the moment.

Virgin finance bud. Been with them a few years now.

Back