• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

uprating rear anti roll bar advice

ive read in some posts that uprating the rear anti roll bar helps the type R handle much better at the rear, stops rear from loosing grip or sliding out of control on a sharp turn for example in wet or icey weather conditions etc. just wanted to confirm this and if its worth it? and are they any negative effects?

A stiffer rear anti-roll bar makes the car turn in better, it doesn't stop the rear from moving around as in sliding on wet and slippery roads. Geometry and driving slower, or better will do that.

1st mod i had, on my ep3

did you notice much of a difference mate? and which one did you get? :)

ive got the potenza tyres on the rear, which are known to be bad in the wet, and the rear has slided a few times when just driving normally! so thought when i change the tyres is it worth uprating the anti roll bar to :) just want it to handle a bit better and know that its safer, don't want it to stiff though, defeats the purpose of independent suspension :confused:

A great mod, so much thicker than the UK ARB, I am fitting one when I get the fast road st up and springs done.

jdm arb! it has made a bigger difference than i would have expected on mine, anyone experience any clunking noise with theirs? i get it now and again. the ride is a lot stiffer and you know when you go over a bump!

Seemed to dial-out a lot of understeer on turn in at speed, such as coming off tight curving motorway slip roads etc, well worth the money. You initially notice the bumps more, but soon goes away. Just to note that the DC5 rear ARB is the same fitment as the EP3 (mine's 2nd hand from a DC5).

Clunking - funny you should mention that, had a couple at low speed tight turns this morning that I'd not noticed before

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i see, sounds good, thanks for the info mate, cant wait to get mine now :)
yeah as long as the overall ride comfort and quality is not effected to much! i guess being a bit stiffer over bumps is not much of a negative when looking at the good points.

clunking :eek: hope it does not do this lol could it be loose somewhere? :confused:

its only very rarely, nothing to worry about. to me it feels how a dc2 feels on turn in obviously nowhere near as good as a teg but similar feel to it.

Fine on the way home - no more clunking - first time I had heard it yestrday in a few years. Mine also has Spoon progressive springs on with 25mm drop, so probably puts a bit more stress on the ARB. I also have a fast road setup and adjustable rear camber arms, so the handling is brilliant now :)

Off a guy I have known a while, it looks new 8)

photo2.jpg

I'm getting my springs, FRSU done and camber arms fitted in April. Wanted to get the ARB at the same time. Any idea where best to get it from???

Back