• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

uprating rear anti roll bar advice

Ebay is always good for them. Managed to get a front JDM ARB for £20!! Suppose there's less demand for the fronts though. Only needed one for my Toda manifold.

Bloody hell, just phoned the dealer for oem drop links for the rear arb. £40+VAT each!! Anyone know where you can get them cheaper??

woah! :eek: so almost £100 for a pair of drop links from honda!!
i hope mine have not seized up when i get round to fitting the ARB!

what is the chance of them needing to be replaced?? had my ctr for 2 years, 06 final edition model with just 30k miles

Luck of the draw with rusted/seized drop-links.

Soak in WD-40 for help. If removal is a failure then cutting through them or popping the ball out of the socket are the solutions available..

Mine's a 01 and got picked up in the last mot for having a worn rear link so i'm going to have to replace one set anyway. Just hope the fronts come off no bother. Can't believe how expensive they are. A set of uprated whiteline links for my subaru cost the same!!! Soon find out today as i'm changing the springs/arb's/arms/bolts........

Best bet is to soak them in WD40 and very slowly undo the bolts.. Changed two ARB's in the past, one on an 03 and one a 2002, got away with both!

how much that all cost you mate??
yeah it must handle awesome :)
have you lost much ride quality and comfort though??
Magik - sorry mate, been away for a bit. Can't remember the cost offhand, but probably was approaching about 800-1k with all the materials and installation. I only noticed the bumps abit more when the ARB was fitted. The Spoon's are progressive, so only tighten up when needed in tight corners. Day to day around town, there's not much difference.

i received my anti roll bar today :D and.... Damn :eek: i thought it would be thicker :lol:
then again i have not actually seen the standard one properly on the car at the moment!

have heard that the JDM one is about 40% thicker so i am guessing the current one must a skinny little thing :lol: :confused:

Some people get away with not fitting one (DC sports headers mainly) others don't.

Do the EU/UKDM droplinks fit directly to the JDM ARB?

And are there some aftermarket replacement droplinks of some good brand or do you have to stick with the OEM droplinks, or is it even worth changing those?

Yes it fits straight on, no point in getting any aftermarket drop links the Honda ones are good enough :smt023

Soak them in some WD40 before attempting to remove, this should eliminate the need the chances of having to buy some new ones!

Yes it fits straight on, no point in getting any aftermarket drop links the Honda ones are good enough :smt023

Soak them in some WD40 before attempting to remove, this should eliminate the need the chances of having to buy some new ones!

Thanks for the advice, but I opened a thread somewhere where I mentioned a knocking sound, may be a drop link anyway which needs replacement, car is still under warranty so no problem there :)

Thanks for the advice, but I opened a thread somewhere where I mentioned a knocking sound, may be a drop link anyway which needs replacement, car is still under warranty so no problem there :)

Changeing parts to other than OEM parts, then incurring problems may invalidate your warranty. Just a word of warning there.

For instance, if you put a aftermarket air filter on then start having problems with your rear shock, you should be alright.

But change your ARB then start having trouble with your drop links associated with that ARB then you may have a few questions to answer.

Back