• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

uprating rear anti roll bar advice

just finished fitting it :D
well its not actually finished lol just one side the drop link bolt would not open :eek: as i managed to damage the allen key slot so couldnt hold it still while turning the bolt :mad:

chopped it off in the end, will have to get a drop link from honda tomorrow!

will it be ok and safe to drive with out the drop link connecting the roll bar on one side?? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
called 2 honda garages near me, one said the drop link is £28.50 plus vat and bolts and other garage the guy seemed to know the price of top of his head when i asked without even checking, said £44 plus vat :confused: to which i said do your garages not have the same prices :eek:

oh and it was fine to drive with out the drop link on one side.. plus i drove slow and took it easy on turns :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the drop link broke :eek: :mad:
finally got it and fitted it and when went to drive of my drive way i heard a big clunk sound! the bolt had popped out of the drop link :eek:

what could have gone wrong? :confused:
i guess i did not position the roll bar correctly?? the drop link did seem a bit out of align compared to the left side, but i thought it would adjust once car lowered back down and driven a bit! and i take it that i will need a new drop link and that one cant be repaired/re-fitted?

Honda gave me the drop link for the wrong side hence it breaking :eek: :lol: got it refunded and just finished fitting it, took for a little spin didnt really notice much difference but i didnt really push it, thought let it settle in nicely for bit :)

Where I noticed the most was on one of those old style 'cloverleaf' motorway exit roads which loop back round on themselves in a continuous left hander. It used to understeer if booting round one of those, but the JDM ARB seemed to dial out quite a bit.

Would you need too have the geometry checked after changing the rear ARB? :)

The anti roll bar doesn't change the geometry, it just changes the amount the car rolls during corners.

yeah its only really when you lower the car the geometry changes!
I got some eagle f1 tyres fitted all round now :D and the arb has settled in by now i guess and seems fine lol so gave it a lil test, and yes round the long bends the car sticks to the ground better and stays flat, and same when taking those sharp quick bends as well, slightly more bumpy but i got used to it already and its fine, so overall i am happy, good investment, thanks for all the help guys :)

just been reading through your thread. sucks about the drop link breaking, have changed plenty over the years and it can be a pain. i always try and use loads of grease and wd40. When i changed my dc5 arb's i put the jdm one on the civic. before i changed the bar i found the car really jumpy on hard corners, changed the bar and the car was way smoother when the rear wheels started breaking the traction. solid drop links also add a bit more stiffness. just my 2p's worth, awesome mod.

Hi guys! Picking up this old thread, I am looking for information on what size rear anti roll bar to use. I read, that everyone praises the JDM, which is 22mm, but is it worth going just a wee bit thicker? Tegiwa has a 24mm, which looks really great. Isn't 24mm too much though? I don't want to make the car oversteer. I'm planning on keeping stock springs and shocks, but a C-pillar brace, and a front stut brace will be added. So if anyone has some experience in this field, any piece of advice would be very much welcome.

Wow bringing this thread back from the dead :)

I still think the jdm rear arb is the best value for performance, I’ve still got 1 lying around if anyone needs it

For road 22mm is plenty, it's what I have and I'd chose it again.

I agree, the jdm anti roll bar is perfect for fast Road / occasional track use. I have one too. Definitely worth changing rear drop links at the same time. I would go for OEM Honda or Meyle.

Back