• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Honda UK announce Civic Type R Mugen 200

An enhanced limited edition Civic Type R featuring exclusive MUGEN equipment will go on sale through Honda dealers in the UK in April.

[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] Called Civic Type R MUGEN 200 and inspired by MUGEN Euro’s high-performance Type R.
[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] The cars will be fitted with unique body parts to front and rear bumper skirts, wheels will be 19" Lightning not previously available, and badging to give it stand-out looks
[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] Only 200 will be made; all will be finished in Championship White and fitted with limited slip diff.

[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] Price not yet fixed.
This announcement also signals the end of sales of the Championship White Type R. All but a handful of the Special Edition cars have now been sold through the Honda network.

Original MUGEN tuning parts available
[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] From April, a network of Honda dealers will also offer an exclusive range of original MUGEN tuning parts for Type R owners to use to modify their own cars – both used and new.

[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] These parts will be available to buy from a number of selected dealers across the UK, and will offer a range of tuning and cosmetic parts, including sports suspension upgrades, lightweight wheels and interior trim.

[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] A list of the MUGEN partner dealerships will soon be available at www.honda.co.uk
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Mugen 200 Picture2.jpg
    Mugen 200 Picture2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Mugen 200 Picture1.jpg
    Mugen 200 Picture1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Mugen 200 Picture4.jpg
    Mugen 200 Picture4.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Mugen 200 Picture3.jpg
    Mugen 200 Picture3.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 128
As per PM - cheers for posting :smt023

PSMug200-L.jpg

psMug200f-L.jpg

CIVIC TYPE R MUGEN 200

Honda UK and MUGEN Euro create a new limited edition

This limited edition Civic Type R featuring MUGEN equipment will go on sale through Honda dealers in the UK in April.

Inspired by MUGEN Euro's high-performance Type R, the MUGEN 200 is fitted with unique body parts, wheels and badging. As its name suggests, only 200 of the special Type R models will be made, says Honda UK.

On top of the standard features of the Swindon-built Type R (which include Honda's 198hp, i-VTEC engine) the MUGEN 200 will boast MUGEN front and rear bumpers with skirts, 19-inch alloy wheels in 'Lightning' design, MUGEN rear badge, MUGEN Limited Edition number plaque, Limited Slip Differential, Championship White exterior paint and Gloss black door mirrors. A range of tuning parts to further enhance the chassis dynamics of the Type R will also be available as dealer fit options, according to an announcement today.

The order bank for the MUGEN 200 opens in March, when prices will also be announced. Additionally, from April, a network of Honda dealers will offer an exclusive range of original MUGEN tuning parts for Type R owners to modify their own cars - both used and new. The range of tuning and cosmetic parts will include sports suspension upgrades, lightweight wheels and interior trim.

The new limited edition car also celebrates the launch of Honda's BTCC team for 2010, continuing the company's long-standing relationship with Team Dynamics. The team will compete in two Civics - which will feature a similar White and Black colour scheme to the MUGEN 200 cars.

Thread stickied too :smt023

I see the one pictured in the OP has the Mugen exhaust system, is that going to be part of the Mugen 200 or an optional extra, what I can see so far is that is it a CW FN2 with Mugen front and rear bumpers, skirts and some 19" wheels and a couple of badges, I will assume that it is the Honda LSD as per the CW FN2 standard fitment?

Is this just an end to the run of the CW FN2's and Honda wacking on some Mugen parts - I wonder how well they will be priced :smt023

I quite like that, its not as "in your face" as that other Mugen FN2 with the really loud body styling.
Again, with the pricing, hmmm...lets wait and see! An extra £6-7 on a standard FN2 GT?

I see the one pictured in the OP has the Mugen exhaust system, is that going to be part of the Mugen 200 or an optional extra, - The one in the picture has the standard exhaust with the Mugen exits, which is how the Mugen 200 will come. A Mugen exhaust is already available for FN2.
what I can see so far is that is it a CW FN2 with Mugen front and rear bumpers, skirts and some 19" wheels and a couple of badges, - that's about right (plus gloss black mirrors), but the bumper skirts and wheels are new to the market and have not been offered anywhere before this (although the 20 Type R Mugens will have the same bumpers). It will be possible to upgrade a standard CW Edition to Mugen 200 spec and beyond (minus the special Mugen "build plaque" on the centre console). I would expect that the Mugen grille, suspension and rear wing will be among the most popular upgrade choices.
I will assume that it is the Honda LSD as per the CW FN2 standard fitment? - yes, as C/W

Is this just an end to the run of the CW FN2's and Honda wacking on some Mugen parts - I wonder how well they will be priced - It is the last of the CW FN2 and, as a sign-off to the limited run, offers the chance to be even a bit more exclusive than the CW Edition itself, as well as a good starting point for further personalisation. Honda will announce the prices shortly I would imagine, but I expect the dealers will be knocking on their door early tomorrow morning for further information anyway

:)

Thanks for clarifying Colin, the car is a good choice IMO for those who do not want a run of the mill bog standard FN2, likewise those that do not want to fork out the 'hefty' sum for the full on Mugen FN2.

:smt023

That looks very nice. A subtle compromise between the two. Will undoubtably sell like hoecakes, even at a premium rate.

Surely the people who bought the original CW FN2 are going to be a little miffed though?

It is a shame it does not come with the Mugen wheels, I guess that is because a set of four cost around £2500 :eek:

Looks good, rear end looks loads better than the OEM triangle things. I saw a red Mugen FN2 on the m3 the other day, looked cool but from a distance it did look like a boy racer in an FN2.

My first thought when I saw this M200 this morning was, 'I'm trading in my GT for one of these.'

Calmed down a bit now. That back end does look much improved over stock. :smt023

Its always been the back end that has put me off the FN2 but this does look tidy with the round exhausts and I do like the double spoiler, having said that visability out of the rear with the single one is bad so the double one will see you reversing with the door open!

Its good to see Honda bringing in Mugen to the UK dealerships and I can see current owners of the FN2 being tempted to add some of these parts to their cars,not keen on the "Fast and Furious" extra dials but the look outside is much improved.

Back