• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Honda UK announce Civic Type R Mugen 200

Front and wheels look good, not sure on the back, the fit of the valance is poor and the exhausts are very 'barry boys'. IMO it's a bit poor to make it a limited edition and then make all the parts available aftermarket...... so the only thing limited edtion about it is a little plaque inside? Correct?

Don't like those 19's at all.

Mugen GP's would be much better in 17's and improve the handling a lot.:cool:

Correct me if I'm wrong but these are not far off the alloys that Honda put on the Type R concept all those years ago. 2006 pics, it's gone full circle now, white and those alloys! Just need the mirrors now!

4840_Civic_TYPE_R-1.jpg

4835_Civic_TYPE_R.jpg

4839_Civic_TYPE_R.jpg

Front and wheels look good, not sure on the back, the fit of the valance is poor and the exhausts are very 'barry boys'. IMO it's a bit poor to make it a limited edition and then make all the parts available aftermarket...... so the only thing limited edtion about it is a little plaque inside? Correct?

That's what I thought, and by the sound of it the fact that the likes of TDi-North have got official Mugen reseller status is not as valued now that the main dealers will be selling and fitting the parts. Tuning scene gone corporate...

I'm pretty sure those wheels have been available for ages too, they were launched by Honda about 12 months ago;

Type-R.jpg

Fook :lol: - Sure I read somewhere that Evostu paid sub 19k for his CW FN2.

Hmm I will suggest £24995 then.

The list price and what people pay are 2 different things Stu.

This Mugen jobbie will be the same price as the Focus RS, following the trend of Honda/Mugen price FAILs.

I think it will be £24K,

But with only 200 available there will be no discount around.
Considering the discounts available on standard FN2 GT's in real terms it means its a £5-6k Premium.

Even with the price of Mugen spares, you could modify a standard FN2 with the Mugen items you really wanted i.e Alloys.

Considering the discounts available on standard FN2 GT's in real terms it means its a £5-6k Premium.

Even with the price of Mugen spares, you could modify a standard FN2 with the Mugen items you really wanted i.e Alloys.

I agree, and I don't want to sound ungrateful as Mugen Euro are indeed a welcome, finally coming over to support the European scene, but there does seem to be a rather hefty 'Mugen' tax involved with the FN2.

Prices quoted so far through resellers for Mugen FN2 parts seem disproportionate, but I'll not turn this into a slagging thread.

Nice in theory, and at the moment equally nice for those who want to pay the premium.

If it helps other manufacturers bring their efforts to the FN2 party, Jap release of the FN2 Euro will help, then good for everyone, prices should come down...

I agree, and I don't want to sound ungrateful as Mugen Euro are indeed a welcome, finally coming over to support the European scene, but there does seem to be a rather hefty 'Mugen' tax involved with the FN2.

Prices quoted so far through resellers for Mugen FN2 parts seem disproportionate, but I'll not turn this into a slagging thread.

Nice in theory, and at the moment equally nice for those who want to pay the premium.

If it helps other manufacturers bring their efforts to the FN2 party, Jap release of the FN2 Euro will help, then good for everyone, prices should come down...

Welcome to the world of Mugen prices.

It was the same when the first EP3 parts were released.

The Lightening alloys are just short of £1300 and slightly cheaper than the Rage ones.

The Lightening alloys are just short of £1300 and slightly cheaper than the Rage ones.

Like you said though these are a Honda accessory, I can't see how they will sell many Rages if the Lightenings are cheaper.

It's a shame they haven't made the BBS alloys that are available as an extra in Japan on the FD2, they look pretty ace. The lightnings not so much in my opinion. (better than the rage's though!)

Original MUGEN tuning parts available
[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] From April, a network of Honda dealers will also offer an exclusive range of original MUGEN tuning parts for Type R owners to use to modify their own cars – both used and new.

[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT] These parts will be available to buy from a number of selected dealers across the UK, and will offer a range of tuning and cosmetic parts, including sports suspension upgrades, lightweight wheels and interior trim.

This will be interesting when this happens. When I was buying my FN2 I enquired about fitting the LSD from the Championship White to a new GT as I didn't fancy the white, and was told it was possible but it would definitely void the warranty on the car.

I wonder if this signals a change of heart by Honda?

When I was buying my FN2 I enquired about fitting the LSD from the Championship White to a new GT as I didn't fancy the white, and was told it was possible but it would definitely void the warranty on the car.

Have you seen they price of those LSDs? They're like £900!!!! Double an aftermarket one!

I wonder if this signals a change of heart by Honda?

Nah, they'll be factory fitted LSDs as per the CW.

Not keen on this at all.. :?

If they weren't going to factor in performance elements of the 'proper' Mugen; and limit it simply, to styling: There are better combinations IMO.

They're giving us:

- Front Lip/Spoiler
- Rear Lip/Valance
- Lightning Wheels
- NHB Skull Caps
- Boot Badge
- Plaque?

I'd rather be given

- Stock 18" C/W Wheels (It's a C/W Type-R afterall; it's the only way - moreso if Mugen Wheels aren't coming with the car)
- Mugen Grille
- NHB Skull Caps
- Boot Badge
- Front Lip (Or OEM Splitter/Rear Diffuser Type Lip)
- Plaque

And I'd swap the rear lip/valance for some Mugen marked/branded Clocks.. Speedo/Revo a gear knob and some other bespoke Mugen interior items - as they'd certainly amount to less than the value of the rear lip - which is what? £800-900? if not more? etc. etc. etc.

19's nah, Lightnings are hideous, rear lip, whilst cool... knocks an already huge rear end, even more out of proportion - the stock dinky wing looks lost...

Upside to this is that with the M200 for someone intending on the full Mugen "look", you've only really got to sort out the Wing/Bonnet/Fenders/Wheels to achieve it... great..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back